This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclaimer.
These Air Fryer Pork Chops are a dream come true! Juicy, perfectly seasoned pork chops take less than 20 minutes in the air fryer and are flavored with a simple dry spice blend. A great recipe for 2 or easily double it!
When you want a tender and juicy pork chop fast, turn to the air fryer! Cooking Air Fryer Pork Chops is so much easier than grilling or pan-searing. The best part? It’s made with almost no oil and ready to eat in less than than 20 minutes!
While there’s no breading on these pork chops, they still turn out tasting delicious and tender. This also means they’re naturally gluten free, paleo, and low carb. Serve them up with a couple of simple side dishes, like sauteed asparagus, curry roasted cauliflower, and brussels sprouts salad for a healthy and hearty pork chop dinner!
- Making the perfect air fryer pork chops recipe is super quick and so much easier than any other method (though I do adore my cream of mushroom pork chops!).
- This recipe makes 2 pork chops, but it can easily be doubled.
- This is no breading pork chop recipe, making it a great choice for a simple gluten free and quick low carb dinner.
- Boneless pork chops - This juicy and tender cut of pork doesn’t need a complicated marinade. The simple dry rub leaves the meat with a perfect flavor.
- Paprika - For a grilled-like flavor, smoked paprika is excellent here.
- Garlic powder - Seasons the pork with a deep savory flavor.
- Spices and seasonings - You’ll also need salt, oregano, onion powder, and black pepper. I recommend making a double batch of the dry rub because it’s so good on everything.
Step 1: Mix the dry rub. Mix the paprika, garlic powder, salt, oregano, onion powder, and black pepper in a small bowl.
Step 2: Season the pork chops. Drizzle your pork chops with olive oil and use your hands to make sure all sides are coated. Sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides of the pork chop and rub it in with your hands.
Step 3: Air fry and enjoy. Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and place the pork chops inside. Cook the pork chops at 400°F for 12 minutes, flipping them halfway. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and FAQs
- The cook time will depend on the thickness of your chops. Always keep a meat thermometer on standby so you can check the internal temperature for doneness.
- For perfectly air fried pork chops, cook them until their internal temperature is at least 145ºF but preferably no higher than 160ºF.
- This is the perfect weeknight dinner for two! If making more than two chops, you may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer basket.
- Preheating your air fryer is optional but recommended. Placing the pork chops in a preheated air fryer starts the cooking process immediately and locks in all juices.
- Serve your air fryer pork chops with delicious healthy sides, like mashed sweet potatoes, broccoli, potato wedges, and a winter kale salad.
What are the best pork chops to make in the air fryer?
I recommend quality thick cut pork chops with minimal fat. 1 ½” to 2” thickness is perfect.
What else can you use to season air fryer pork chops?
Pork chops pair well with a variety of flavors, sauces, and seasonings. Italian seasoning, soy sauce, Cajun seasoning, blackening seasoning, barbecue sauce, and Montreal steak seasoning are great options. They’re also lovely with just salt and pepper!
Can you make frozen pork chops in the air fryer?
Technically, yes. Frozen chops will not be nearly as tender if you cook them from frozen so make sure you thaw them completely first.
- Refrigerator - Let the leftover pork chops cool completely, and then wrap them in plastic wrap or an airtight container to store any leftovers. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheating - Reheat in the microwave or the air fryer at 370ºF for 3 to 4 minutes.
More easy air fryer recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the pork chops with the olive oil, then use your hands so make sure they're coated on both sides. Add the spices on top, using your hands to press them into the pork chops (again, on both sides), making sure they're completely coated.
- Spray your air fryer with nonstick spray, then place the pork chops inside. Air fry them at 400° for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Enjoy!