Enjoy potatoes without turning on the oven. These Skillet Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are made—you guessed it—on the skillet, and they’re super crispy, too!
Oh HIIIII, long time no talk.You may have already seen on Insta and Snap, but I had the opportunity to take some interior design photos for an interior website/portfolio, and I was shooting from 8-4:30 on Thursday. It had been awhile since I’d worked a straight 8 hours, so needless to say I was exhausted! That sounds pathetic so I might add that I typically work longer than 8 hours in a day, but with breaks in between 😉 Anyway, I got home Thursday and was too exhausted to do anything but lounge on the couch, so that’s exactly what I did.
To be honest, things haven’t exactly slowed down since Thursday—this weekend was full of family stuff. Saturday, Miguel, my brother Justin and I drove to Ohio to celebrate my dad’s birthday. I filled my dad in on our honeymoon adventures, watched Layla run around and die because it was so hot outside, and ate good food. Miguel and I returned back to Pittsburgh around 11 pm Saturday and crashed approximately five minutes after walking through the door.
These skillet roasted fingerling potatoes are easy to prepare and surprisingly flavorful thanks to the rosemary and thyme. I don’t know why, but I think fingerling potatoes are just the cutest thing ever. I was craving roasted potatoes so I decided to create this REALLY easy recipe. However, I didn’t want to turn on the oven because it’s been in the 90s recently, so I decided to roast them on a skillet. Now, you can enjoy these potatoes too, which is great news.
Truthfully you can season the potatoes with whatever you want, but I chose to keep it simple with fresh rosemary and thyme and a healthy dose of salt (sorryseriouslynotsorry).
Tip: Be sure to slice the potatoes in half before roasting; otherwise, they won’t become crispy.
One last thing.. I rarely post on Sundays, but I decided to share a handful of wedding photos yesterday, so if you haven’t already seen them and you want to, click here to check them out! If you make these skillet roasted fingerling potatoes, make sure to tag @thealmondeater on Instagram!Print
Skillet Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 stem fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- Place potatoes in a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are soft and cooked, and then transfer to a colander/mesh strainer.
- Run cold water over potatoes until they are cool enough to touch.
- Use a sharp knife to slice potatoes in half and then place them in a large skillet. Heat potatoes on medium-high heat and add olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook until skillet starts sizzling and then start flipping the potatoes over. Once the potatoes start turning golden brown, add the rosemary and thyme and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking the potatoes until they are crispy enough to your liking before transferring to a bowl and enjoying.