No grill? No problem! These Caprese Kebabs are made in the oven and ready in 30 minutes or less! Tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and balsamic vinegar make up this easy appetizer—what’s not to love?!
There are many kinds of foods that scream “summer”, one of them being kebabs. I also learned that there are approximately four different ways to spell “kebab”, but this one felt the most accurate to me. Anyway, KEBABS—they’re delicious and a really simple appetizer for summertime.
I’m also certain that you love caprese anything, because how can you not? Tomatoes, mozzarella and basil combine and are drizzled with balsamic vinegar, though I must add that the vinegar is optional. The best part of this recipe (in my opinion) is that these crapes kebabs are made in the OVEN, so even if you don’t have a girl you can still enjoy them.
YES I’M SERIOUS. One of these days I’ll own a grill, but until then, I’ll keep searching for ways to make the most of my oven. If you do own a grill, feel free to utilize it since it may be too hot out to use your own. But if you don’t, I promise these are quick so your oven won’t be on for too long.
The trick here is that you want the tomatoes to be nice and soft but you don’t want the cheese to completely melt. So, I opted to cook the tomatoes first and allow a few minutes for them to cool off before assembling the full kebabs with tomato, mozzarella and basil and placing them in the oven so everything is warm and slightly cooked. Yes, it requires a tad more patience, but if you want the tomatoes to be soft and the cheese to be somewhat melted, this is what you got do, and it works!
If and when you’re searching for a super simple party appetizer, these kebabs should absolutely be it!
This post is sponsored by American Eagle. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands and companies that support TAE!
- 8 kebab/skewer sticks
- 16 oz. heirloom or grape tomatoes
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 20 basil leaves, approximately
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place tomatoes on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until tomatoes are a bit soft and browned.
- While tomatoes are cooking, tear mozzarella into small, bite-size pieces and break off 20 basil leaves from the stem.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, remove from oven and allow 5 minutes for them to cool off a bit before assembling the kebabs with tomato, mozzarella and basil. Repeat this process until ingredients are used up and and kebabs are made.
- Place kebabs back on the nonstick baking sheet and bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has softened a bit.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with balsamic and enjoy!