So I know I do plenty of food and fitness posts, but I want to start writing a post once a week where I catch you all up on what I’ve been up to. Like, in my real life, not just what’s been going on inside my head. I can’t promise I’m going to keep it up every Sunday, but that’s the goal for now.
1) Last weekend Miguel and I saw Gone Girl—I know I’m going to sound like eeeeveryone else, but go see it. You don’t have to have read the book beforehand to love it. It’s super long but not in a ‘when the eff is this movie going to end’ sort of way. You don’t even notice the time going by and if you ask me it could have been 30 minutes longer and I wouldn’t have noticed/cared. Yes, THAT good.
2) Last weekend Miguel and I (<<that’s how I’m going to start every sentence…. ew) also went to a pumpkin patch. It was a beautiful day and I wanted to do something fall-y. However, there were so.many.children, I felt like we should have brought one with us. Parents with their children, parents with their children, parents with their children, and then me and Miguel. I’m thinking we should wait 15 years or so to go back.
3) I’m seriously in love with Whole Foods’ (I could technically end the sentence right there) juice selection. So many different brands and flavors! I try to try a new flavor each time I go, but some are so dang esspensive and my wallet gets pissed. I tried one of their carrot juices the other day, but I definitely think this green juice is my favorite. Mostly because it doesn’t have celery. I can definitely do without celery in juices.
4) I didn’t make a big deal about it in Wednesday’s post, but I’ve been drinking hot coffee every morning now…. Don’t get me wrong, any time I buy coffee from Starbucks etc. it will be iced (because I truly do prefer it) but it’s not the worst thing ever to sip on a hot coffee in the fall/winter. … I can’t say I’ll keep this habit up once summer 2015 rolls around but we’ll see. Oh, oh! And I can eat eggs again. A few months back I mentioned that eggs were bothering my stomach, so I didn’t eat them for 3 months or so and now they don’t! I think I may have been eating too many so now I’m trying to eat them 4x/week or so, rather than every day.
5) My dad is coming to visit today—woohoo! I have literally no idea what we’re going to do, but that’s ok. I have a few restaurants in mind for lunch and then I figure I we will go from there!
Enjoy your Sunday everyone and here’s to a fabulous week ahead