Enjoy something sweet for breakfast. Brown rice and coconut milk come together to make this the most delicious Vegan Arroz con Leche you’ll ever eat!
First the horchata then the Spanish rice and now this. WHO AM I?! Ok so Miguel requested the rice and this arroz con leche at the same time, so I figured why not make them at the same time? It made sense in my head so hopefully it actually makes sense. Similar to the horchata, arroz con leche is something I tried for the first time in DC, and now I love it! Especially when it involves brown rice and dairy free milk..
BUUUUT that’s neither here nor there. Let’s talk about The Bachelor instead. I know I’m a day late, but I already had yesterday’s post written before I watched the finale sooo…forgive me. I was that girl who didn’t watch a single episode in the entire season except for the finale, and truth be told I thought it was pretty boring. If the finale was a reflection of the entire season, then clearly I didn’t miss much.
Here are my thoughts, in no particular order: Chris is hot (duh); I would never, ever move to Arlington, Iowa; Whitney talks too much; Becca doesn’t talk enough; Also, I wasn’t feeling her velvet dress..it was pretty, but too much velvet. HOWEVER, I went on Twitter and apparently people were upset that he picked Whitney… I don’t know. I honestly have no clue. She was a bit obsessive but… they seemed happy?!?! I give them 5 months at most.
To top it all off, I didn’t even stay up for the rose ceremony. I know Chris Harrison said it was going to be the most SHOCKING thing ever, but I knew it wasn’t going to be. My sleep is precious and I figured I’d just find out in the morning via Facebook/Twitter/GMA etc. Lame sauce. Also, don’t even get me started on the next Bachelorette. No seriously don’t..
Guess what’s not lame sauce? Just guess. Vegan arroz con leche, that’s what. It’s essentially rice pudding, so if you’re a fan then you’ll definitely like this. It’s meant to be eaten hot, but I’m a weirdo and ate mine cold and loved it. No matter how you eat it, just know it’s going to be 100 times better than The Bachelor season finale.
Vegan Arroz con Leche
- 1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups dairy free milk almond, coconut, soy, etc.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Optional: ground cinnamon and sliced almonds for topping
- Heat water, rice and cinnamon sticks in a pot over stovetop and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the rice has absorbed most of the water.
- Next, remove cinnamon sticks but keep rice in pot; add milk, syrup and vanilla and stir.
- Place a lid on the pot and heat on low for approx. 15 minutes or until rice is soft.
- Distribute rice in two separate dishes and add additional cinnamon and some sliced almonds on top.
- Enjoy immediately, or place in refrigerator overnight and enjoy in the morning!