Oh my gosh HI. I know it’s October 4 and all, but today we’re talking about some September happenings, which is a habit I’d like to get into every month, but if I’m being realistic, it’ll probably be more like every other month. Regardless, let’s chat about my life last month.
1. You may have seen on Instagram, but I had the opportunity to shoot some interiors for Alisha Gwen Interior Design. The owner goes to the barre studio where I teach, and when she asked if I could help her with her portfolio I had a few initial thoughts. 1) I’d never shot interiors before. Never doing something=scary 2) I was excited that she thought I was up for the task 3) I told myself to just GO FOR IT, because you never know what you’re capable of if you don’t try. It was actually a lot of fun and a really cool learning experience, so yeah, I’m glad I did it. Oh and I just realized this happened in August not September but whatevs!
2. I also had the opportunity to shoot photos for a recipe ebook, which was SO COOL. Serena of The SHG Community wrote a book titled 50 Simple, Fun and Delicious Smoothie Recipes which include many new-to-me flavor combinations and healthy recipes that taste delicious. If you’re looking for some smoothie inspo, I highly recommend it!
3. I believe I mentioned awhile back that Miguel and I were looking to get a new coffee table? Well friends, we finally committed to this one from West Elm. I would show you a photo of it in my actual living room, but we have yet to purchase an end table and our couch is a mess thanks to this one time Layla chewed a hole in it (juuuust keeping it real), so I figured the link to the table would work just fine. We wanted something neutral in color and functional, and this table is both of those things.
4. PUERTO RICO. I can’t talk about September without mentioning Puerto Rico. This year was extra fun thanks to Justin, and I’m glad I had a pal to bop around with while Miguel was working. I seriously look forward to PR every year, and this year did not disappoint.
5. I caved. I caved and finally bought a pair of Lululemon leggings after telling myself that they’re too gosh darn expensive. While they are expensive, they also might maybe be worth it. I’m wearing this pair right now and oh my gosh they are the most comfortable leggings and, truth be told, I’ve been trying to find the right time to go buy a second pair. Oh! And I know many people already own Lulu leggings so you already know this, but I had no idea that they have a 5 year guarantee on all of their merchandise! ….meaning if I get a hole in my leggings, they’ll fix them or replace them for me. UM OK, into it.
6. Starbucks. I’ve been going through a major Starbucks phase, and it actually has a lot to do with the fact that a change of scenery helps me concentrate better. I get distracted at home and all I want to do is make food or photograph food or pet my dog, but at Starbucks, I have no other choice than to write and it’s kind of amazing. Speaking of Starbucks...
7. Iced soy lattes are my jam. Maybe with one pump of pumpkin ‘cause I’m basic and proud.
AND THAT’S THAT. Tell me about your September! What’s your go-to Starbucks drink? Do you own Lululemon leggings and, if so, is there a certain kind I should be eye-balling for my next purchase?
Beverley @ Born to Sweat says
haha too funny. Adam and i JUST about bought that West Elm table as well, but ended up finding a crazy wood coffee table elsewhere. it's so cute tho and will look amazing in your place! congrats on your first pair of lulus. they will last you a loooong time!
So funny--it's a great table and we're loving it so far. Glad you were able to find another one though! For me, I just had to stop being so darn indecisive and just bite the bullet.
Christina | The Blissful Balance says
What an amazing month!! Your interior shots are gorg. Also, I die inside every time I buy something from lulu. And then I wear it and I'm like yeaaah so worth it.
Hhaah glad you feel the money pain, but in this case WORTH IT. And thanks Christina--it was both scary and fun shooting something other than food.
Jess @hellotofit says
Welcome to the dark side of Lulu leggings...I vowed to never, but then I did, and now I can't stop. Hehehe. Love your recap!! Would love to see more as we go along 🙂 xoxo
I'm going to tryyyyy to do more because I like writing them! The key is actually doing stuff to write about... and yes, I'm officially team Lulu.
Les @ The Balanced Berry says
It sounds like you had an amazing month! I can't lie, the idea of photographing things that aren't food is super scary to me. But that sounds like an amazing opportunity!
Aaaaand I now work at lululemon, which means I now have an absurd amount of leggings. But its cool - they're "work" clothes right? This is what I tell myself...
Thanks Les, it was definitely a cool opportunity. And omg I feel like I'd spend my paycheck immediately (but heeeeey employee discount right?)
Alicia @Bridges Through Life says
Too funny about lulu. I actually bought my first pair a year ago yesterday. They are so comfy and i live in them in fall and winter so worth it. Sounds like you had some awesome photographing opportunities last month. Very cool. I am currently recaping my september on the blog today too.
Thanks Alicia--guess we're both on team Lulu now huh? Not mad about it!
Marina @ A Dancer's Live-It says
Oh my gosh, I have to bite the bullet and buy a pair of Lulu leggings too...I need a pair that will last me. Love the style that you mentioned you're wearing! 🙂 Ahhhh Puerto Rico is on my list, I need to go! 🙂
YES--I'm going to be that girl to say you need a pair of Lulu's (honestly, who am I?), Also, yes PR. I'm all about it and if you ever end up going, I'm happy to help with suggestions!