Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Boy oh boy this month was a doozy! I think I say that every month, but this month went by extra quickly for some reason. It was an exciting month full of fun projects, and I think I’ve decided that September weather, though incredibly unpredictable, may be my favorite. It’s a mixture of summer days and fall days, shorts weather and jeans and cardigan weather. …and now we’re onto October, which will hopefully give me more of an excuse to wear my new booties. ANYWAY, let’s chat about September, shall we?
1. I know you already know this, but Miguel and I [thankfully] did not go to Puerto Rico this month. We went to Puerto Rico for the first time in 2013 on a whim for vacation and had so much fun, though we never imagined we’d returned. The following year Miguel started working at his current job, and they started sending him to Puerto Rico every September for work, which is why I go there every year. Obviously this year was different and my heart breaks for the island because it holds a special place in my heart.
2. Layla turned 3 at the beginning of September and I shed quite a few tears. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO GROW UP SO FAST?! Or maybe the better question is why am I so obsessed with her? It’s unhealthy, really.
3. I think we might be making progress with my headaches… I started seeing a new chiropractor about a month ago, and as a whole my headaches have been decreasing. They’re not gone, and frankly I don’t expect them to just go away, but I’m down to about 1 “bad” headache a week, and my daily headaches have decreased both in intensity and frequency. Cross your fingers that maybe by the end of 2017 they’ll be gone! Long story short though: if this is the answer to my headaches, then it’s my posture—specifically the way I hold my head/neck—that’s been causing these headaches. UGH. **EDIT** this past week I had three bad headaches and I’m sort of losing hope. I have an appointment with a headache specialist in November, so I’ll be curious as to what they have to say about them.
4. In better news, I attended the Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore a couple weeks ago and had so much fun getting to meet brands in person, try out different products and hang out with bloggers in person. …and by “bloggers” I mean Ashley and Jess. We’ve already planned another trip so that we can all hang out again—woo!
5. I mentioned it a few days ago, but The Kitchn is starting a dinner series and they kicked it off by featuring How Sweet Eats. If you want to see the photos I took, you can view them here.
6. Speaking of Jessica, I went to her house and helped her style some holiday content, and I can’t wait for you guys to see it. Think: gorgeous Thanksgiving tablescape and an extravagant cheese board.
7. A few of my interior photos were also featured on Pittsburgh Magazine’s website !!
8. Now onto TV. Miguel and I are almost finished binging the entire Friends series, which has taken some serious commitment but has also been pretty easy because the episodes are so short on Netflix. We also watched Narcos season 3 and just saw the first episode of This Is Us, and the ending gave me flashbacks to Manchester By The Sea, aka the most depressing movie ever. ….so I’m really looking forward to next week’s episode for some clarification!
And that was September! What TV shows have you been watching?