Well hello there NOVEMBER, nice to see you. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m typically pretty pumped for November because A) Thanksgiving B) the continuation of wonderful fall weather (typically) and C) my birthday! I don’t get as excited for my birthday as I used to, but it’s always an excuse to go somewhere fancy-isa and celebrate, so I’ll take it.
Let’s chat about October things, shall we?
1. Miguel traveled a LOT in October, so much so that I think he was only in Pittsburgh for a total of six days? Something like that. Anyway, I’m happy to have him home, though I must admit I’m a tad more productive when he’s not around. I don’t have as much laundry or cleaning to do, and I don’t necessarily have to make dinner (roasted chickpeas are an acceptable dinner, right?). Speaking of being productive...
2. I also made it through EVERY.SINGLE.EPISODE. of New Girl in October. This is not an accomplishment and Miguel tells me I should be embarrassed. I sort of am, but watching TV is my “me” time and I typically watch an hour or so before bed each night. Anyway, I’m obsessed and if you’re looking for a new show to easily binge-watch, I recommend it!
3. I recently hired Jess of Hello to Fit to manage my social media for me and I gotta admit it’s quite the delight. Social media may be the most important aspect of blogging, and it’s also the most challenging to keep up with (in my opinion), so having her available to help schedule posts has been super helpful.
4. I FINALLY uploaded my portfolio. I started this baby months ago but was being an annoying perfectionist about it so I kept putting off adding the tab to my site. Well, I figure it’s better to have one than not have one, and I’ll continue to update it/improve it as time goes on.
5. It’s getting to be that time of year when I pretend to enjoy hot beverages. They’re quite comforting in the fall, but hot coffee just isn’t as easy or enjoyable to drink! But, I’ll just keep on pretending, because it’s easier and cheaper to drink hot coffee than iced year-round.
6. Speaking of hot beverages… I really want to like tea. I know it’s a hot beverage and I’m totally contradicting myself here, but many afternoons I find myself craving something to drink, but I usually don’t do well with more than one cup of coffee (I know—so lame). SO. I’m thinking tea may be a good solution for days when I’m not exactly hungry but I just need something. Any specific brands of tea that you’d recommend would be good to know!
7. Some of you may have seen on IG Stories that Layla tore a hole in our couch. Well, I probably should have been more specific, but she actually tore that hole last year and a few weeks ago she decided to randomly tear the stuffing out of it again. I wasn’t sure what had gotten into her, but after talking with the vet, we both think it might have been due to Miguel being gone. Layla has pretty bad anxiety and a bit of separation anxiety too and the very first time she ever chewed anything EVER was last October when Miguel was traveling for work too (weird, right?). So, we’re hoping that’s what it was. Fingers crossed!
That’s all I got! Stay tuned for a recipe TOMORROW. Xoxo
Christine | thyme & toast says
Happy almost birthday! I have to comment on the tea part... I am a HUGE tea fan. I am totally a snack or sip on something while I work type of person, so I love having a bunch of varieties of tea on hand. Have you heard of David's Tea? I think they originated in Canada, but have locations in the US. We have a couple in Boston, and I am OBSESSED. Every tea flavor you could imagine. If you need any recommendations, let me know.. I've probably tried all of them at this point.
Alicia @Bridges Through Life says
I like the pretend to like hot drinks. That's what I do when the cold starts coming. I am not a coffee drinker, but I have been somewhat exploring teas. I personally love anything mint, so peppermint is my go to tea flavor and I just get a basic store brand. I made a cup yesterday just to warm my hands mainly. I always burn my tongue on hot drinks, but if I have a reason like warming my hands, then it actually cools down enough for me to drink it lol.
HA--I alwaysssss burn my tongue too! Glad I'm not alone. Mint tea sounds pretty good--I've never had it but willing to give it a shot.
Republic of Tea Red Velvet, Harney and Sons Vanilla Comoro, Harney and Sons pumpkin spice......and if you want green tea, definitely Harney and Sons Japanese Sencha. Their English breakfast is also amazing!
Ohhh vanilla tea and pumpkin spice sound so good right now. Thanks for the recommendations!
Your photography portfolio is stunning!!
Thank you so much Hillary--that means a lot!
Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday says
After years of hating it and very kindly referring to it as "leaf juice", I am now obsessed with tea and could talk about my faves forever. A few are Tazo's Zen and Vanilla Caramel Chai and Celestial Seasonings Coconut Thai Chai and Cinnamon Apple Spice!
Whoaaaa those all sound so good--like right up my alley. Thanks for the suggestions!
Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food says
I have a million different kinds of tea! I love the chai tea from TJs and if you're feeling run-down at all, throat coat tea is the bomb.
Chai tea is the only tea I actually enjoy (for now)--the BEST flavors!
Marina @ A Dancer's Live-It says
I'm the social media assistant for Amy's Healthy Baking, and I LOVE knowing that I can make her life easier by doing my job! I love Yogi brand tea, they have so many different kinds and flavors. I like tea but I don't love it either, I would honestly rather have coffee too, but my wallet usually tells me no. 😉
Ahh I forgot you did that--that's awesome! Social media help is so needed. And thanks for the suggestion!