Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
I started writing down things from the past week and realized they were all wedding related. So, here we go—life last week, wedding edition.
1. Miguel and I scoped out places in the city to take our wedding photos after the ceremony. We are going to have photos taken at the church of course, but we also want some city photos taken outside as well. We’re still deciding and trying to figure out logistics, but it was fun to drive around the city and explore new-to-me areas. Miguel knows the city better than I do since he bikes virtually everywhere, so he was showing me some hidden gems.
2. We FINALLY developed a seating chart…kind of. It’s 90 percent done, but we’re still waiting to hear back from a few guests. I knew the seating chart would suck and I wish I could say I was wrong but… it did suck. Mostly because each table only seats 8 people and it’s a tricky task to have to divide guests into groups of eight. If you’re married I’m sure you can relate to this problem.
3. I asked you guys for rehearsal dress websites via Snapchat (thealmondeater) a few days ago and, though I spent many hours (…so…embarrassing…) online browsing, I ended up finding this one I liked at Macy’s. It’s white lace and very rehearsal dinner-esque, so I’m pleased with the purchase.
4. …on that same note, I also bought a white bachelorette party dress yesterday, along with two pair of walking shoes for Italy. SO EXCITED FOR NASHVILLE AND ITALY gah.
5. Though we’re having DJ at the reception, Miguel and I still picked out a handful of songs we want to hear. Guys, this was BY FAR my favorite part of wedding planning this far. Seriously, so much fun finalizing our first dance song and all of the other songs we want to hear. Talk about a dance party with just us+Layla.
6. This isn’t totally wedding related, but I started doing Jess from Blonde Ponytail’s Summer Shape Up Plan and it’s awesome. I actually did the whole thing in 2013 and remember enjoying it a lot, so I figured why not do it again as my pre-wedding workouts?
7. Even though we’ve made a ton of progress, Miguel and I still have many things that need done before the big day! Obviously. We made a final to do list broken down in sections (ie. venue, food, flowers, cake, etc.) which is a helpful way to visualize everything. I thinkkkkk excitement if finally starting to settle in! Excitement, stress, and then more excitement. 45 more days baby!
Also, how cute is Layla in this photo? I snapped it yesterday when she was just chillin’ on the couch and I was like OK MODEL. I couldn’t resist!