Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
You’re going to love this healthy Beet Smoothie! It’s made with strawberries and almond milk and lightly sweetened. Even if you’re not a huge fan of beets, you must try this smoothie recipe!
You know I’m a huge fan of quick breakfast recipes, and this beet smoothie is just that!
Truthfully, I don’t even love beets, but this smoothie is delightful, thanks to the addition of berries and dates. So, even if you’re a little skeptical, I suggest you give this smoothie a try.
- An easy way to add beets to your diet
- A fruit smoothie that you can easily customize to your liking
- Gluten free and can easily be made vegan too
- Beet – small/medium beet; make sure to scrub it before dicing it and using it in this smoothie recipe
- Strawberries – can sub mixed berries; frozen
- Dates – dates help sweeten this smoothie; if you need a substitution, try 2 tbsp honey and add more to taste
- Yogurt – plain Greek or dairy free
- Almond milk – or ANY kind of milk
I love smoothies so much because they are QUICK and easy!
For this beet smoothie, you’ll simply add all of the ingredients to your blender and pulse for 1 minutes until it’s smooth.
If you’re using frozen strawberries, 2/3 cup milk should be perfect. If you’re using fresh berries, start with 1/4 cup milk and increase as needed.
I recommend using a high-power blender, like a Vitamix or Hurom, rather than a NutriBullet. I love my NutriBullet, but beets can be a little tricky to blend, so a larger blender is best.
What are the health benefits of beets?
Beets contain a healthy amount of fiber and Vitamin C, along with iron, magnesium and Vitamin B. If you like them steamed or roasted, great! But, if not, adding them to your morning smoothie is a great way to add them to your diet.
More healthy smoothie recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
- 1 medium beet
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup dates pitted
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt can use dairy free
- Chop beet up into bite size pieces.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in January 2015. It was updated with new text and photos in November 2020.