This Whole30 Chicken Salad recipe is made with chicken and SIMPLE ingredients like mayonnaise and green onions to provide tons of flavor and none of the fluff. Five ingredients and ready in 30 minutes or less, it’s a great recipe to prep at the beginning of the week and enjoy all week long.
True story: I’m addicted to this whole30 chicken salad recipe. Well, technically I’m addicted to all chicken salad — yes, really. It all started in high school when I worked at a grocery store. Often times I’d work from 5-9 pm, so I’d need to eat something for dinner. Insert: chicken salad. It was filling yet not too heavy, and I immediately fell in love.
This chicken salad recipe is EASY, meaning it includes all of the staples with none of the fluff. I know everyone has their own favorite way to make chicken salad, but my favorite way is without grapes. Yes, you read that correctly. I know they add a nice texture, but I don’t really want to eat grapes and chicken together. Therefore, this recipe is all savory (not sweet) and SO tasty.
CHICKEN SALAD INGREDIENTS
- chicken breast
- whole30-compliant mayonnaise
- lemon juice
- green onion
- salt and pepper
TIPS FOR MAKING WHOLE30 CHICKEN SALAD
Buy organic chicken: Ok, this isn’t 100% necessary, but if you’re trying to follow Whole30 pretty closely, you’re going to want to choose organic meat when possible.
Boil the chicken over the stovetop: If you haven’t tried this method for cooking chicken, you’re missing out. It’s one of the simplest and fastest ways to cook chicken when you’re just planning on shredded it up, like in a pulled chicken sandwich or, in this case, chicken salad.
Serve with salad: My favorite way to enjoy Whole30 meat recipes is over salad. Or, you could use lettuce wraps instead! If you’re NOT doing Whole30, serve it on sourdough bread (so good!).
OTHER WHOLE30 RECIPES
Whole30 Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt & black pepper
- 1/2 cup <a href="http://<a target="_blank" href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AYYF1NC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01AYYF1NC&linkCode=as2&tag=thealmondeate-20&linkId=8fad5be05fd52b32ac813b9757cdd0e0">Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo Traditional 12 oz. Non-GMO, 100% Pure, Gluten Free, Dairy Free for Sandwiches, Dressings and Sauces</a><img src="//ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=thealmondeate-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B01AYYF1NC" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener">paleo mayonnaise
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 2 tbsp green onion or more
- Place chicken in a large saucepan filled with water; bring to a boil then boil chicken for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Use two forks to shred chicken, then place chicken into a large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, mayo, and lemon juice to a small bowl and whisk to combine; add the celery and green onions.
- Scoop mayo mixture into the bowl with the chicken and stir until chicken is completely coated. Taste the chicken and add more black pepper and/or green onions if you wish.
- Eat chicken as-is, or serve it on a bed of lettuce.