These Soy Sauce Longevity Noodles are a quick, spicy, one pan meal that’s sure to please the entire family!
All hail longevity noodles!
What are longevity noodles, you ask? Well let me tell you! These noodles are one of the more popular recipes made to celebrate the Chinese New Year. It’s said that those who eat longevity noodles will live a long life. So, eat up!
I wanted to share a Chinese New Year recipe full of flavor–and in this case spicy flavor–while still keeping it under 30 minutes. Traditionally, longevity noodles are a variety of egg noodles, which should be fairly easy to find, though if you can’t, I provided some substitutions in the recipe card.
WHY THESE LONGEVITY NOODLES ARE SO GOOD
- They’re ready in under 30 minutes
- The flavor is a combination of soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, and sugar, aka deliciousness
- It’s made in one pan, so there will be minimal dishes when all is said and done
HOW TO MAKE LONGEVITY NOODLES
Cook the carrots: This is the first step because the carrots take the longest to cook, so you want to cook them until they’re *mostly* soft
Add other ingredients: While the carrots are cooking, mince the garlic and then add it, along with the remaining ingredients, to the skillet and simmer until the water has been absorbed
Add toppings (optional): Once the noodles are cooked, do a quick taste test and add additional soy sauce and/or red pepper flakes. You can also add chopped green onions if you wish.
For the soy sauce, I opted to use Kikkoman traditional soy sauce because a splash of soy sauce can give anything an added boost of flavor. Kikkoman soy sauce is traditionally brewed and a flavor enhancer. You should definitely consider using Kikkoman soy sauce as a natural browning sauce in your meal preparation, because it’s GOOD. But you already knew that, right?
OTHER ASIAN-INSPIRED RECIPESPrint
Soy Sauce Longevity Noodles
These soy sauce longevity noodles are a quick meal the whole family will love!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3/4 cup white mushrooms
- 1 cup bok choy
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 oz. egg noodles
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes**
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet and add carrot.
- While carrot is cooking, mince the garlic. Add garlic, mushrooms and bok choy to skillet and stir.
- Add in noodles, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, and sugar; place lid overtop skillet and cook on medium-high heat until, stirring occasionally, until noodles are cooked and all the water is absorbed.
- Stir in red pepper flakes and enjoy!
*If you can’t find egg noodles, brown rice noodles or linguine noodles work fine
**Depending on spice preference
Keywords: longevity noodles, soy sauce noodles, Asian noodles
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.