These Honey Pork Loaded Fries are perfect for any gathering! They use sweet potato fries as the base and are topped with honey ginger pork made in the slow cooker. Easy peasy!
Soooo we’re doing it—fries topped with pork. WHAT. yes. But not just any pork—my favorite honey ginger pork—and not just any fries, but sweet potato fries! Because even though I prefer regular potatoes over sweet potatoes, I’m pretty sure I prefer sweet potato fries over regular french fries. ….makes sense.
I’ve had this recipe sitting in my “recipe ideas” file for MONTHS, maybe even a year. I think I was worried people would be like wtf pork topped fries? What is happening?!! <—is that what you’re thinking? Then I said “screw it” and went for it and here we are.
Also, I know it’s Memorial Day weekend and I should have posted something a little more Memorial Day-friendly, but I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that this recipe could be perfect for Memorial Day—you’d just have to double or triple the recipe to feed more people. But! It’s seriously SO easy and guests will 1000% be impressed by your culinary talents if you do make it.
Because I wanted this recipe to be as easy and hassle-free as possible, I opted to use store bought fries (GASP OMG WHAT). Yeah sorry. Blog Erin pretends like she makes homemade fries all the time, but real life Erin doesn’t have time for that. So, that’s when frozen foods come in handy. If the thought totally baffles you, you can absolutely make your own fries (more power to ya!).
So for the fries, you just bake them on baking sheet for around 40 minutes, and the pork is made in the slow cooker, which does take longer, but in the end also makes life easier.
As for the dipping sauce, well for one it’s completely optional, but it’s ALSO really simple (shock), so you should make it. It’s just yogurt+caramelized onions and that’s it. I originally added a bit of cinnamon to it (as you can kind of tell in the photos…) because I thought that would pair nice with the sweet potatoes and the honey, buuuut turns out it doesn’t, so in the recipe I’m suggesting you omit it.
What better way to eat fries than with loaded fries, especially PORK loaded fries. Whoa. Eat up!
Honey Pork Loaded FriesPrint Rate
- Sweet potato fries*
- 2 lb. pork chops
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tbsp green onions for garnish
- For the dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup yellow onion sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Place pork in your slow cooker and then add the garlic, soy sauce, ginger, and honey. Cook on high for 3 hours, and then remove pork from from the slow cooker and slice it with a fork and knife. It should cut pretty easily. Place sliced pork bake into the slow cooker for an additional 30-50 minutes.
- For the fries: cook according to the package instructions. If you're making them fresh, just place sweet potato slices on a baking sheet with some olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for approximately 20 minutes, turning half way through.
- For the dipping sauce: scoop yogurt into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add onions, oil and butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir onions semi frequently until they are golden brown and caramelized, and then pour onions and oil into yogurt; stir.
- To assemble: place fries on a plate, add pork overtop, garnish with green onions and enjoy with the sauce!