Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites are the perfect afternoon or evening snack! They’re easy to prep, kid-friendly and taste delicious too. If you’re in need of a healthy snack idea, this is it!
Mondays call for a simple snack, right? Right. These chocolate banana bites are the perfect grab-and-go snack, afternoon treat or after dinner “dessert”. Basically anytime you need a little something sweet, these banana bites are it.
Simple snacks are my jam. If you’re even remotely into this recipe, you must check out my mango coconut bites and/or my healthy peanut butter balls. Both are on par with this recipe both in taste and convenience.
- An easy weeknight snack to have on hand
- Toppings can be easily customized to your liking
- Basically combines all of the best flavors: banana, chocolate and peanut butter
Banana – You’ll want to use a ripe banana, but not an overripe banana. Otherwise, the banana could be a little soggy when you slice it, and you don’t want that.
Chocolate – I almost always have semi sweet chocolate chips in my pantry, so that’s what I used, but you can sub milk or dark chocolate depending on what you have on hand.
Peanut butter – Or any kind of nut butter (think: almond, cashew or tahini)
Toppings – I find shredded coconut paired great flavor-wise, and sliced almonds are great in terms of texture. You don’t have to add toppings, but you can if you want to!
First: Slice the banana. Begin by cutting the bananas into bite-sized slices.
Second: Melt the chocolate. Next, melt the chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil together either over the stovetop or in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
Third: Make the banana bites. Dip each banana slice into the melted chocolate, then directly into the toppings of your choice (i.e. shredded coconut, sliced almonds, etc.). Place the bites onto a lined baking sheet and into the freezer so the chocolate solidifies.
Tips and tricks
-Use a fork to easily dip the banana into the chocolate (this will create less mess, too!)
-Make sure to line your baking sheet with parchment paper so the chocolate doesn’t stick.
-Other fun toppings options include: chopped peanuts, sea salt, melted peanut butter drizzle, + so much more!
How should these be stored?
These are best stored in a freezer-safe bag or container. That way, the chocolate doesn’t melt! They should stay good in the freezer for at least a month, probably longer.
Are these vegan-friendly?
They can be! As long as you use dairy-free chocolate, then these banana bites are vegan.
More healthy snack ideas
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 3 bananas
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut or sliced almonds
- Thinly slice bananas and set aside. Pour shredded coconut OR sliced almonds (whichever you want to use) into a bowl and set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips, coconut oil and peanut butter in a saucepan or in the microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is smooth.
- Drop banana slices into the bowl of melted chocolate and use a fork to make sure it's coated. Place them directly into the bowl of coconut/almonds, then onto the baking sheet. Repeat this same process with all of the banana slices.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for at least 30 minutes until the chocolate hardens. Store banana bites in the freezer in a bag or container and enjoy as an afternoon treat!
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in December 2013. It was updated with new text and photos in January 2021.