These Raw Vegan Nutella Cupcakes use minimal ingredients. The outer “cupcake” is made from dates, cocoa and hazelnuts, while the inner filling is rich and delicious thanks to chocolate and avocado. Rich, smooth and absolutely HEALTHY!
Raise your hand if you love Nutella! Keep your hand raised if like Nutella+vegan Nutella cupcakes+binge watching Netlix on a Friday night.
All hands better be raised.
What about Nutella that’s better for you and vegan? I know what you’re thinking….”Why would I want vegan Nutella?” Well if you’re having a serious craving for spoonfuls of actual Nutella, then I suppose you’ll want the real stuff—I believe it’s good to listen to your cravings. But, if you’re like me and typically just craving something sweet, these vegan Nutella cupcakes are for you. Oh, and they really do taste like Nutella, since Nutella is simply chocolate+hazelnut. I also realize these cupcakes look way more like thumbprints than cupcakes, but let's just roll with it.
NUTELLA CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS
- cocoa powder
- maple syrup
The outside is made from hazelnuts, dates and cocoa while the inner filling combines avocado, cocoa and maple syrup. I believe in hiding avocado in chocolate desserts whenever possible. You can’t taste it and avocado makes everything smoother. Plus, who can’t use a dose of healthy fats?
These cupcakes are rich, as in suuuuper chocolate-y, but don’t make you feel “bleh” afterward. ….which will make you want to eat 12 in one sitting. ….but you can’t because they’re so rich. If you love Nutella, you’re gonna love these.
HOW TO MAKE RAW CUPCAKES
Step 1: Combine ingredients in a food processor until a large ball is formed. Then, spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray (or use coconut oil) and use your hands to press the mixture into the tin, then place the tin into the refrigerator.
Step 2: Make the filling. Place the avocado in a bowl and use a fork to smash it, making sure to get out as much clumps as possible. Add the cocoa, syrup and coconut oil to the bowl, then use an electric mixer to mix everything together.
Last: Remove the tin from the refrigerator, then use a spoon to spoon the chocolate avocado mixture into the center of the "cupcakes", sprinkling each one with crushed hazelnuts. Lastly, EAT UP!
OTHER RAW VEGAN RECIPES:
Raw Vegan Nutella Cupcakes
For the cupcake:
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups 8 oz. dates pitted
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the filling:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon hazelnuts crushed (for topping)
- Place hazelnuts and cocoa in a food processor and pulse. Add dates, syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon and pulse until everything is mixed.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray (or use coconut oil).
- Evenly distribute the hazelnut mixture into the tins, making sure to press down on the bottoms and smooth out the sides either with a spatula or with your hands.
- Place tin in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, allowing the mixture to harden and take the "cupcake" shape.
- For the filling, smash an avocado in a bowl with a fork. Try to get most of the clumps out if you can.
- Add cocoa, syrup and coconut oil to the bowl and, using an electric mixer, mix everything together until smooth.
- Use a spoon to spoon chocolate mixture into the cupcakes.
- Lastly, crush hazelnuts and sprinkle on top of cupcakes.
I have made a lot of raw vegan dessert and this one is in my top. The texture is so perfect and the taste really satisfied. Everybody's gonna love these!!! Thanks for the recipe.
Can I swap hazelnuts for roasted sunflower seeds( I'm intolerant:/)? Alsoo can the recipe be made keto? ( no dates or maple syrup)
All my favorite things together! <3 They look and sound delicious!
Thanks Ellie--let me know if you try them!