This Garlic Lima Bean Salad combines lima beans, sweet potatoes and burrata cheese into one tasty, garlicky dish.
Well well, helloooooo strange but good recipe! No seriously, I feel like this combo is super random, but everything goes so well together. You see, I love lima beans—a lot—but I usually just eat them plain. ….which is fine, obviously, but not nearly as exciting or filling as this garlic lima bean salad. After Thanksgiving, I feel like we could all use some veggies, no?
How was your holiday week/weekend, by the way? Miguel and I had so much fun spending time with his family and friends in DC. We hadn’t been to the monuments in awhile, so the one afternoon we all went down and walked around the Lincoln and Washington monuments, another day we went and saw the movie Coco, another night me and his friends went to the MGM Grand casino, and the rest of the time was spent with family EATING our life away.
It was good.
Also as a side note: I feel like I’m supposed to be ready for Christmas, but I’m not. Like, mentally I’m not. I think putting our tree up might help put me in the holiday spirit, but right now I’m not feeling it. Right now what I am feeling is getting ahead on work so that I can actually enjoy Christmas once it rolls around, ya feel me?
One thing I am ready for is a little detox. Nothing major, just some more greens. I’ll admit this salad is totally weird, but ever since doing Whole30 I’ve been head-over-heels obsessed with sweet potatoes. However, I tend to eat them the same damn way all the time: roasted with salt and pepper. This salad adds some garlic, lima beans and burrata cheese WHOA FANCY. It makes for a perfect lunch or a simple dinner for one. I also just really love lima beans but don’t eat them nearly enough.
So go ahead and eat this salad in between all of those cookies. Because balance.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked lima beans
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle olive oil
- Heat ghee or oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and then add the chopped sweet potatoes. Cook sweet potatoes for 2-3 minutes, and then add the garlic to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook until sweet potatoes are soft, and then pour into a large bowl.
- Add cooked lima beans, burrata cheese, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Drizzle bowl with olive oil, and enjoy!