Looking for a healthy, Whole 30 meal? This Zucchini Noodle Breakfast Bowl features zucchini noodles covered in an avocado cream sauce and topped with roasted sweet potatoes and a fried egg. Grain free, dairy free, sugar free, and absolutely delicious!
I'm so, so excited to share this zucchini noodle breakfast bowl recipe with you! It's quick, easy and whole30 compliant, meaning it's gluten free, dairy free and sugar free but still SO delicious I promise. Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods, and I love pairing them with avocado and eggs. Certainly plain avocados are delicious, but this garlic avocado cream sauce is even better!
When I first bought my spiralizer, I remember thinking that I wasn't quite sure what to make. Part of me felt like the possibilities were endless, while the other part of me felt limited. Luckily I got over that pretty quickly and decided to start with the easiest vegetable: zucchini.
WHY I LOVE THIS ZUCCHINI NOODLE BREAKFAST BOWL
- This bowl is perfect for is/when you're doing a round of whole30. I've only done one full whole30 in my life, but I felt amazing afterward. It's breakfasts like this one that helped get me through and add variety to those 30 days.
- It includes veggies, carbs, protein, and healthy fats all in one.
- Savory breakfast lovers will be a fan of this bowl because it's something different and super flavorful.
The base of the recipe is pretty simple, but the key is the garlic avocado sauce. Originally I to use my favorite kale pesto, but ultimately decided against it and I'm glad I did.
WHOLE30 BREAKFAST INGREDIENTS
- sweet potato
- green onion
HOW TO MAKE THIS WHOLE30 BREAKFAST BOWL
Start by cooking the sweet potato, and while that's happening, run the zucchini through your spiralizer, using blade C.
Set the zucchini aside, then make the avocado garlic sauce. Making the sauce couldn't be simpler! Just add the sauce ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Note: as far as the garlic goes, I recommend starting with 1 garlic clove then taste the sauce and see if you think it needs a second garlic clove or not.
I know this recipe is called a zucchini noodle breakfast bowl, however, it can clearly be eaten for any meal of the day. Or, if it's dinnertime, try a different zucchini noodle bowl. Eat up!
OTHER WHOLE30 RECIPES
- best italian chicken meatballs
- beef ragu with sweet potato noodles
- roasted carrots with tarragon pesto
Whole30 Zucchini Noodle Breakfast Bowl
- 2 small zucchini or 1 large zucchini
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1-2 garlic cloves*
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoon green onion for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove skin and chop sweet potatoes into bite size pieces; heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat and cook potatoes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop ends off of zucchini and send them through the spiralizer; once potatoes are cooked, set them aside then add the zucchini noodles to the skillet and cook until they're warmed, 2-3 minutes. You don't want to cook them too long or else they'll get mushy, so keep an eye on them.
- To make the avocado cream, place avocado, garlic, 2 tablespoon olive oil, and water into a blender or food processor and pulse. You may need to add a bit more olive oil to get everything going.
- Pour avocado cream overtop zucchini noodles and stir; place cooked potatoes on top of zucchini noodles.
- Lastly, cook two eggs (I used to same skillet the sweet potatoes were cooked in) until done and place them on top.
- Garnish with onion, salt and pepper and enjoy!