Vegan Walnut Pumpkin Pie
This walnut pumpkin pie is dairy free, made with a walnut-based crust and topped with cinnamon coconut whipped cream!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
- Yield: 1 pie
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: pie
for the crust:
for the filling:
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
for the whipped cream:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place walnuts into your food processor for 30 seconds or so, or until they’re finely ground. Add flour and sugar and pulse; then, add the butter and pulse again. Last, add in the ice water and pulse until dough comes together and is no longer crumbly.
- Remove dough from the processor and form it into a round disc. Wrap it in plastic wrap and stick it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or longer if preferred.
- Once the 30 minutes have passed, remove dough and preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll dough out into a circle and carefully transfer it to your pie or tart pan, using your hands to press it gently into the pan and form the edges of the crust.
- For the filling: combine all ingredients in your blender and pulse until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to scoop mixture out into the tart/pie pan, smoothing it out.
- Bake pie for 45 minutes or so. If you’re using a tart pan, wait 5 minutes and then remove pie from the pan. If you’re using a pie pan, simply wait for pie to cool–I recommend chilling in the refrigerator–then slice and serve with whipped cream (optional).
- For the whipped cream: the coconut milk should be mostly cream at this point, but scoop out the cream and drain out any liquid left in the can (you just want the cream part); then, add sugar and cinnamon and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Top pie with whipped cream and enjoy!
Keywords: pumpkin pie, vegan pumpkin pie, walnut pumpkin pie