These Vegan Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars will satisfy your sweet tooth in a gluten free, dairy free, vegan way. Only six ingredients in this healthy dessert recipe!
Boy oh boy do I have a post for YOU. Yes, you—you healthy food loving individual. This post was made for you. First I’m sharing the recipe for these vegan peanut butter pretzel bars and then there’s a giveaway at the end (!!!)
But first, these bars.
I mentioned in this post how obsessed I am with chocolate covered pretzels and honestly, the only thing better than the chocolate-pretzel flavor combo is the chocolate-peanut butter-pretzel flavor combo. Not only are they salty-sweet, but they’re no bake vegan bars made with just six ingredients! Ugh, so good. I handed Miguel one and he said, “Ok, ok that’s enough………. wait no, hand me another one”, which is always a good sign. The crust is made up of dates, peanuts, pretzels, maple syrup, and cacao powder, while the “icing” (if that’s what you want to call it) is simply peanut butter and maple syrup. Result= so, so good.
Now as far as shopping goes, do you consider yourself more of an in-store shopper or an online shopper? Perhaps an online browser? Like most millennials, I enjoy both, though I find online shopping to be less stressful and more convenient in most instances. Besides clothing and food props, I’m now newly obsessed with online FOOD shopping thanks to iHerb .
Heard of it? They’re an online hub that sells nutritional supplements and other healthy products such as beauty, herbs, baby and yes, even groceries. Trust me when I say once you start browsing, you won’t be able to stop! I ended up getting the pitted dates in this recipe from iHerb, along with my new favorite face wash and a ton of different flours for baking. iHerb is sponsoring a GIVEAWAY for TWO READERS to win a $50 shopping spree at iHerb. Giveaway will run until Monday, February 15, 2016, so please read the rules carefully, and good luck:
- Winners must register to iHerb to claim their prize
- If you’re interested in purchasing products from iHerb, feel free to use the rewards code CMM993 to receive $5 off your first order, but only if you are a first-time iHerb customer
- Shipping will be taken care of for both US and non-US winners. For winners out of the US, you are responsible for any additional taxes/duties/brokerage feed levied to you by your Customs Agency and/or Postal Service
- If you are international, be sure to check if iHerb can ship to your country. Do so by visiting iHerb.com adding a product to your shopping cart and clicking “country” in the drop down menu to see if your country is listed
- Remember to like iHerb on Facebook and follow on Twitter!
Now let’s get to shopping+making these awesome vegan peanut butter pretzel bars, shall we?!
Vegan Peanut Butter Pretzel BarsPrint Pin Rate
- Bottom layer:
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Top layer:
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- For the bottom layer, combine dates and peanuts in a food processor; add pretzels, cacao and syrup and pulse until everything is combined.
- Line a 8x8 baking pan with coconut oil and then pour chocolate mixture into bottom, using a spatula to smooth it out. Place pan in the freezer for approximately 10 minutes or until mixture is hardened.
- For the top layer, pour peanut butter and syrup into a saucepan and heat over the stovetop. You want the peanut butter to be softened but you DON'T want it to be completely liquified. Just heat until you're able to stir it more easily.
- Remove from heat and allow a few minutes to cool before pouring peanut butter overtop of chocolate layer, using a spatula to smooth it out.
- Place pan back in freezer for 15 minutes or until peanut butter layer has hardened.
- Cut and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by iHerb. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting The Almond Eater!
Q: What would you order from iHerb? Do you prefer shopping in person or online?