Love peanut butter? This Vegan Peanut Butter Lover’s Cheesecake requires just 7 ingredients and is the ultimate peanut butter dream (and it’s healthy too!).
It’s Sunday and I’m posting because today is my birthday! Yep, the big 2-5. It’s definitely true that the older you get the faster time goes by, because I feel like I was JUST celebrating 24. Nevertheless, I thought I’d do something fun and share 25 totally random facts about myself, emphasis on the random.
1) I’m really bad at cracking eggs and usually some egg shell goes into the pan. …..even though I eat eggs almost daily..
2) Layla is the first pet I’ve ever owned.
3) I was a dancer (ballet and jazz) for 14 years.
4) I’ve never traveled overseas, but I’m really hoping to go somewhere awesome on my honeymoon.
5) I can make my stomach growl.
6) I hate running.
7) I am more Type B than Type A, and sometimes I wish it were the other way around.
8) In college, I avoided any and all classes involving photography. Oh the irony!
9) I’m a pretty sarcastic person, but I try to tone it down online so people (i.e. YOU) don’t think I’m an asshole.
10) I wear workout clothes 95% of the time, so shopping for “real clothes” is a rarity anymore.
11) I dream of one day owning a boat.
12) I could eat avocado toast every single day.
13) I’m a firm believer that chocolate makes nearly every situation better.
14) I went through a several-year phase where I was obsessed with anything and everything nautical themed.
15) Favorite TV shows ever: Friends, Mad Men, Modern Family
16) I thought my younger brother was the most annoying person on the planet until around the time I turned 17 and he turned 15. ….because he actually was… Luckily, we get along quite well now.
17) I start every single morning with iced coffee.
18) I HATE the smell of mustard and can always tell when Miguel puts it on his sandwich.
19) I grew up in North Canton, OH and then moved to Pittsburgh, PA for college and those are the only two places I’ve lived.
20) One year ago today I was working a full time marketing/sales job. Oh how things have changed!
21) When I was younger, I dreamed of being a cashier when I grew up (dream big, Erin). When I was in high school, that dream became a reality and my first job.
22) Reality TV is my guilty pleasure and as of late I’m borderline obsessed with all things HGTV.
23) Doing the dishes and answering emails in a prompt manner are the bane of my existence and my goal for age 25: I’m a real adult so I should probably step up my game with both of those things.
24) In college, I went through a major peanut butter obsession and now I can’t typically do peanut butter by itself..
25) But, I’m really, really obsessed with anything and everything CHOCOLATE peanut butter.
Like this cheesecake, for example. It’s just 7 ingredients and the “cream” is made from soaked cashews and peanut butter. I called this “peanut butter lover’s” rather than “peanut butter cup” because it tastes way more peanut butter-y and the chocolate is just extra. If you want more of a chocolate+PB cake, feel free to drizzled with even more chocolate and top with chocolate chips instead of peanuts. Or both—it’s totally up to you!
Besides shoving this cake in my face, I spent the weekend with Miguel. Friday night we went out to Bar Marco, a nice, quaint restaurant in the Strip District. I went all out and ordered a mimosa, kale salad, spaghetti, and the chocolate coffee torte and oooooh my gosh was it worth it. So, so good. Saturday I spent all afternoon (and I mean ALL afternoon) researching honeymoon destinations (I think we’ve almost reached a decision!), followed by a movie night. Tonight I’m headed to my mom’s for a home cooked meal—I requested meatballs, mashed potatoes and green beans—so I’m pretty pumped about that.
Twenty four was good, but I’m hoping 25 is even better. I mean, it’s gotta be when it starts with chocolate peanut butter, right?Print
Vegan Peanut Butter Lover’s Cheesecake
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 1 cake 1x
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups cashews, soaked*
- 1/2 cup+ 2 tbsp water**
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Chocolate for drizzle (I used melted chocolate chips+coconut oil)
- Optional: Peanuts and chocolate chips for topping
- Place almonds in food processor and pulse; add dates, cacao and syrup; pulse.
- Place crust into an 8 inch cake pan, using a spatula or your hands to press crust down flat; place pan in freezer.
- For filling, combine soaked cashews and water together in a blender or food processor until a creamy mixture is formed.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in peanut butter and syrup either by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Pour filling overtop of crust, once again using a spatula to smooth it out.
- Top with chocolate drizzle, peanuts and chocolate chips if you desire and place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving time.
*Cashews should be soaked for at least one hour
**May need more water. Start with this amount and if cashews still aren’t forming a creamy mixture, add additional water 1 tbsp at a time
***Cook time says “1 hour” because it needs to sit in the freezer for 1 hour before serving
Q: Name a random fact about yourself. Something totally random!