I’m pretty sure we can all agree that Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter is the best kind of almond butter, which is why these almond butte protein bites are going to be your new favorite snack! If you haven’t tried it yet, you can find a jar at Giant Eagle or Whole Foods. Trust me when I say it’s well worth the cost.
Since I’ve started working out in the mornings, I’ve found myself craving a variety of proteins post-workout. My #1 go-to are eggs, mostly because they are so versatile. However, some mornings I just want something sweet, but nothing too sweet that would take away from the effort I put forth in the gym. This is where almond butter comes in and where these almond butter protein bites come in handy.
I figure there are two ways to eat almond butter:
1. Jar straight to the face, or
2. Make some sort of healthy sweet out of it
Number two sounded like the better option so that’s what I did.
I’m a big fan of bites of any kind. They’re portable, easy to make, the perfect afternoon snack and, with a bit of protein, the perfect post-workout snack as well.
Since I’m much more of a sweets person than a salty person, I tend to crave sweets throughout the day, but especially after dinnertime. These bites fulfill my after dinner craving to a T, which makes me feel much better than eating a handful (or two, or 12) of chocolate chips straight from the bag 😉 I mean, it’s Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter for goodness sake. It’s so good!
If you’re looking for a sweet and healthy snack, these almond butter protein bites are it.
- 16 oz Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter*
- 1 c. vanilla protein powder
- 1 c. oats
- 3/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla soy milk you can use any kind of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c. white chocolate chips optional
- Mix the almond butter, protein powder, oats, honey, and chia seeds together as best as you can.
- Add the milk and vanilla into the mixture, which will make mixing everything together easier.
- Last, add in the white chocolate chips.
- Stir until everything is mixed.
- Roll into medium sized balls; Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- *Makes 17-23 balls, depending in size
For other bites, check out these.
Q: Do you ever crave sweets post-workout? Do you agree that Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter is the best?