Tofu Broccoli Stir Fry
This tofu broccoli stir fry is made with brown rice then topped with roasted broccoli and crispy tofu covered in an Asian-inspired sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 block super/extra firm tofu, pressed
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce*
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup long grain brown rice, rinsed
for the sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce*
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Optional: 1 tsp sriracha
- Place tofu in your tofu press and press for at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 400°, then place chopped broccoli onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Place rice in a saucepan with 2 cups of water and cook according to package instructions.
- Slice pressed tofu into cubes, then place the cubes directly into a plastic bag. Add corn starch and soy sauce, seal the bag then shake until the tofu is coated.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the tofu and fry on all sides. While the tofu is cooking, make the sauce: whisk all sauce ingredients together then set aside.
- Once the tofu is fried on all sides, turn off the heat then pour the sauce into the skillet and use a spoon or spatula to stir the tofu so that it’s completely covered in the sauce.
- Combine the rice, broccoli and tofu into a bowl and enjoy!
Keywords: stir fry, tofu stir fry, broccoli stir fry