A tasty homemade Sweet Potato Apple Pizza that tastes like fall. It’s topped with goat and gruyere cheese, kale and pomegranate seeds, and is a great dinner for a cozy night in.
You know Friday nights are pizza nights, and tonight’s APPLE PIZZA is about to get a dose of FALL.
I know, you’re zero percent surprised; I’ve been FALL-ifying everything recently. But I mean, why shouldn’t I? I know Christmas is the most magical time of year, but I think fall in general is the second most magical time. Plus, it’s Halloween weekend which calls for a super easy dinner tonight and/or tomorrow.
GUESS WHAT? I still don’t know what I’m dressing up as tonight for my friend’s Halloween party, so whatever it is, expect it to be amazing. Really, really unique and creative. ….too much sarcasm? Nahhhhh. Right now I’m thinking cat, devil or barre instructor….not joking. Oh my gosh I can’t talk about this anymore—I’m embarrassed. Remind me to be more spirited next year, ok?
One thing I’m always ok talking about is FOOD, specifically pizza specifically homemade pizza. I’m so about it, I’m beginning to wonder how I went so long without it. I’ve probably already mentioned this, but if you’re wondering where to get your pizza dough I highly recommend Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods brand.
For this potato apple pizza, you’re not going to use any sauce. Instead, you’ll combine olive oil, brown sugar and tarragon (side note: I used dried tarragon, but I imagine fresh would work too! Another side note: I’m obsessed with tarragon as of late) together and spread it over the pizza dough. It’s sweet and delicious and you’re not even going to know there isn’t any sauce. The pizza is then topped with apples and sweet potatoes (you knew that from the title!), goat cheese, gruyere cheese, kale (of course), and pomegranate seeds. FALL FALL FALL—I love it, and I think you will too.
Oh! And it’s not necessary, but if you want to add a bit of sweetness (I know, it doesn’t really need it buuuuuut..), add a pinch of cinnamon. Just do it.
I wasn’t going to ask, but if you have any quick and easy Halloween costume recommendations, send them my way—please and thank you!
Sweet Potato Apple PizzaPrint Rate
- 1 ball pizza dough I use Trader Joe's or Whole Foods dough
- 1 cup sweet potatoes approx. 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 apple sliced (preferably of the red variety)
- 1 cup gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 slices proscuitto torn or cut
- Handful of kale
- 2-3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Optional: pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place diced sweet potato into a small bowl and stir in 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp brown sugar and 1/2 tsp tarragon; stir until potatoes are coated.
- Put potatoes onto a baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft but not too brown yet; set aside.
- While potatoes are roasting, sprinkle a baking mat with flour and use your hands or a rolling pin to roll out the dough, making sure it's fairly thin; place dough on a pizza stone or baking sheet and set aside.
- Brush the rest of the olive oil, sugar and tarragon onto the pizza dough.
- Top the pizza with sliced apples first, followed by the sweet potatoes, cheese and proscuitto.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake it for 20 minutes or so. Next, add the kale and pomegranate seeds and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the crust has turned slightly golden in color.
- Remove from oven, top with additional cheese and/or tarragon and enjoy!