Start your day the right way with this Superfood Toast. It’s topped with a tasty sweet avocado pea mash and a soft boiled egg to keep you full all morning long!
Friday! Hi! Welcome—I’m so happy to see you. Oh, and you too superfood toast.
Can we agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? It is, and for good reason. It’s the meal that fuels you the entire day, gives you energy, and in some sense, sets the precedent for what your other meals should look like. Basically, if you start off on the wrong food (donuts, I’m looking at you), you’re more likely to say “screw it” and eat terribly the rest of the day (<—I’m speaking from experience, but hopefully you agree). On the other hand, if you start off on the right food, you’re preparing yourself for a day full of healthy good-for-you foods, including a little bit of chocolate!
September is Better Breakfast Month—giant side note: how is it already September?! I’m not complaining but… I guess this means that summer is over?!— which is why I’m here to bring you this awesomely delicious Superfood Toast. I tried to include easy-to-find superfoods like chia seeds and hemp seeds, but feel free to include any other superfoods you happen to have on hand. I originally made this recipe with plain ole avocado mash which, as we all know, is perfectly delicious on its own. However, I was inspired to create an avocado pea mash after seeing a similar recipe in a magazine while bored at jury duty. You know what they say– inspiration can strike anywhere!
Again, I’m partnering with Dave’s Killer Bread, so you KNOW this toast’s gotta be delicious. I opted to use their 21 Whole Grains and Seeds variety, which includes 22 grams of whole grains and 5 grams of protein and fiber in each slice! Yes, really. The mash is made up of green peas, avocado, olive oil, cilantro, and lime juice. It sounds guacamole-y, and it kind of is, but it’s sweeter and doesn’t have the kick since there aren’t any onions in it. Then, I topped it with chia seeds and hemp seeds, aka protein and fiber, and last but not least, a soft boiled egg.
Honestly, is there any better way to charge your day than with this tasty superfood toast? I think not!
Remember to tag #thealmondeater on Instagram if you make this recipe—I love seeing your creations!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support The Almond Eater!Print
Superfood Toast with Avocado Pea Mash
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 13 mins
- Yield: 2 pieces 1x
- 2 slices Dave’s Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds variety
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- For the mash:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Toast the 2 slices of bread and soft boil the eggs.
- While the bread is toasting and eggs are boiling, add the avocado, peas, lime juice, and salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until everything is mixed together. You may need to scrape down the sides if things are getting stuck.
- As the processor is running, pour the olive oil through the top of the lid, which should help mix everything together really well.
- Taste test and decide if you want to add cilantro or not. I liked it because it added a kick of flavor, but it still tastes good without it!
- Spread mash overtop of toast, sprinkle the mash with chia and hemp seeds and top both pieces of toast with a soft boiled egg.