Enjoy coconut in no-bake form! These Small Batch Creamy Coconut Tarts are dairy free, egg free and full of coconut-y flavor! The whole recipe makes just six tarts, so go ahead and indulge.
COCONUT OBSESSIONS ARE SO REAL. I’ve been on a uuuuuuge coconut kick lately. The reason I know it’s “uuuuuuge” aka huge is because I caved and bought a coconut donut yesterday, which was amazing. Fun fact: even though I have a pretty serious sweet tooth, I rarely crave donuts. Buuut about once a year I get that “I NEED a donut” feeling, so I gladly treat myself to a donut.
And because deprivation from any kind of sweets is just terrible.
These tarts though…. they’re pretty guilt-free.
For the first time in TAE history, I decided to make a small batch dessert. Now I know what you’re thinking–oh wow that’s so sweet, yay portion control! But that’s not really why I did it. I did it because I ran out of dates and was on a roll and really didn’t feel like going to the store for the second time in one day. So… HELLOOOO small batch tarts! Of course you can double this recipe if you prefer a full dozen of these coconut tarts instead of just six–it’s up to you!
So what’s so great about these creamy coconut tarts anyway? First off, they’re FULL of creamy coconut-y goodness. From the crust, which has shredded coconut and coconut oil, to the filling which is made of coconut milk, coconut oil AND shredded coconut. ….because having “too much coconut” isn’t real. Second of all, they’re NO BAKE and ready in just 30 minutes!!! <–this will never not be music to my ears, and I hope you feel the same way. You know I love no bake desserts because, as much as my baking skills have improved, no bakes will forever be simpler. And, last but certainly not least, these tarts are vegan, so for all my dairy free egg free friends, these are for you!
Well, assuming you like coconut, but if you didn’t like coconut I bet you wouldn’t be here right now.
I also just realized I have another coconut recipe coming your way probably next week so…prepare yourself ’cause it’s going down.Print
Small Batch Creamy Coconut Tarts
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 tarts 1x
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (regular or gluten free)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews*
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Put oats, dates and shredded coconut in a food processor and pulse; add in oil and syrup and pulse until everything is combined.
- Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil and then evenly distribute the oat mixture into the 6 muffin tins, using your hands to press mixture down that it’s even and packed in there tightly.
- Place tin the freezer.
- For the filling, place cashews and coconut milk in the food processor or a blender and blend until cashews are smooth; add in syrup, oil and shredded coconut and, again, blend until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Remove muffin tin from freezer and pour filling overtop of each individual crust, dropping the tin on the counter a few times to even out the filling mixture (you want it to be pretty smooth).
- Optional: top each tart with extra shredded coconut and chocolate.
- Place tin back in freezer for another 10 minutes or so or until tarts have hardened.
- To remove tarts, run a knife along the edges of each one and then they should pop right out.
Q: Do you crave donuts often? Suuuuper random: but can anyone recommend a good blender that isn’t the Vitamix? Thanks!