Remember when I made my homemade buffalo sauce?? Yeah well OOPS I did it again (I don’t know I felt like referencing B. Spears… just roll with it). Only this time I literally threw chicken into the Crock Pot, poured the sauce over top and then did nothing. No actually I think I watched three hours of Million Dollar Listing while this was cooking. Impressive or embarrassing? Perhaps both?
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- optional: 2-3 tbsp goat cheese 1 cup arugula
- For the sauce: combine the vinegar, corn syrup and canola oil into a saucepan and heat over stove.
- Once it comes the a boil, add the chili and garlic powder; stir until combined.
- Remove from heat and place into a bowl; add hot sauce, honey and sriacha.
- Place frozen chicken into a slow cooker and heat on high.
- Pour HALF of the buffalo sauce mixture overtop of the chicken so it is marinated.
- Cook for 3 hours.
- Once done, remove chicken and shred it with a fork. It should be well-cooked and therefore easy to shred.
- Place shredded chicken on hamburger buns. Pour additional buffalo sauce overtop and add arugula and goat cheese.