Craving a cinnamon roll but not in the mood to bake? This No Bake Cinnamon Roll is vegan, single serve and full of cinnamon! Made from dates & oats and topped with a cashew-based icing, it’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way!
Another no bake single serve recipe? Forreal? Yes, FOR REAL. Though I plan out my blog posts in advance, I’m typically not too picky about the order in which they go up. If I post two sandwich recipes in a row, that’s ok! Unless it’s a holiday-themed recipe of course, because it would only be slightly weird to post a Halloween recipe in July. Um yeah… moving on…
You guys seemed to love the single serve cookie recipe I posted Friday, so I figured why not share another?
Oh and yes, this cinnamon roll does kind of look like dog poop. WHAT? I just said what you were thinking and I’m sorry, but I couldn’t NOT state the obvious. It tastes like cinnamon though so..yay? Yes.
See? Told you. Ok I’m done, promise.
Before we keep chatting about all things cinnamon, let’s chat about the weekend. Saturday night Miguel and I went to go see ‘Trainwreck’, which I thought was hilarious with a capital “H”. I’m also slightly biased because I think Amy Schumer is so, so funny, so I knew before seeing it that I was going to love the movie. It was a rom-com but definitely more comedy than the cheesy romance stuff—lots of laughs, though—I highly recommend.
Sunday I completed my to-do list to a ’T’ which almost never happens, so I was pretty happy about that. And nowwww I am at home! Yes, I went home for the day. I hadn’t been home since May and I have a lot going in the next coming weekends, so I figured I’d go home for a day just to say hello! Plus besides Sunday’s, Monday’s are my only day off.
But now back to this cinnamon roll…
It’s a sum total of SIX ingredients for the roll itself and THREE ingredients for the icing—that’s it! It’s also…
Chewy (in a good way)
Super duper cinnamon-y
& it has creamy, cashew-based icing
What more could you ask for? Answer: nothing. Essentially you make the “dough”, roll it into a thin strip (pictured above) and then twist it so that it’s shaped like a cinnamon roll. Then you make the icing and drizzle it overtop and viola—no oven, no fuss and it’s single serve. BOOM.
Oh! I also heated it up in the microwave for around 15 seconds or so—just enough so that it’s warm without being hot. It was good—seriously, try it.Print
Single Serve No Bake Cinnamon Roll
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 1
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp warm water
- 1-2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 6 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- For the roll: combine dates, oats, cinnamon, oil, and vanilla in a food processor and pulse; as everything is mixing together, add water in 1 tbsp at a time through the top of the food processor; keep pulsing until everything is combined.
- Spread flour out on a clean surface; Remove mixture from processor and place on top of flour to make dough less sticky.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, shape mixture into a thin, 1″ wide strip (pictured above).
- Next, twist dough up so that it forms a “roll” shape; set aside.
- For the icing: combine cashews, water, cinnamon, and syrup together in a blender and pulse until mixture forms an icing consistency.
- Spread overtop of cinnamon roll–heat up roll in microwave if desired.
Q: How often do you go home to visit your parents? Who is your favorite comedian?
If you like this, you’ll love…