Savory Vegetable Crepes
These vegetable crepes make for the perfect savory breakfast. They’re filled with squash, cheese and salsa and come together in MINUTES!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 crepes 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: skillet
- Cuisine: crepes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 2 small zucchini or 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash squash, chopped
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup salsa, or more
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour and the eggs. Slowly add in the milk water. Lastly, add in the salt and the melted butter; stir until everything is mixed.
- Heat a small-medium sized skilled and pour mixture into the skillet until it covers the bottom, as if you were making pancakes.
- Wait approximately 1 minute and then, using a spatula, flip over the crepe until both sides are cooked. Continue this process until the crepe mixture is used up.
- After the crepes are made, cut up the zucchini and squash into small bite-size pieces. Place into a skillet with the olive oil and cook until slightly browned.
- Add zucchini and squash to each crepe.
- Add salsa and cheese as well.
- Fold crepe so that everything stays together.
Keywords: vegetable crepes, savory crepes