A simple and festive Baked Brie recipe topped with roasted grapes, caramelized walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and honey that is sure to please at any party!
Whoooooo’s planning for New Year’s Eve super last minute?! ME. But I can tell you one thing: this baked brie will absolutely be happening. Oh! And happy almost 2017!
What do you do for New Year’s? Go out? Stay in? Have a party? Go to a party? Go to a bar? Sleep? Miguel and I usually go out, but as the years go on my excitement dwindles a bit. That’s not to say I don’t get excited, but I used to hype it up in my brain as the BEST NIGHT EVER, and for the past few years it’s just been like every other Saturday night with slightly more enthusiasm. I think I prefer it that way.
This year, Miguel and I are having some friends over, and I still need to plan what I’m making and doing in general. I’m the opposite of over the top, but I’m thinking I should at least buy a few decorations from Target to ring in the new year. As for food, I’ll probably keep it simple with some guacamole, maybe this hummus and absolutely this baked brie. I was inspired to make it after seeing Jessica’s beautiful baked brie recipe—I NEEDED BRIE.
Brie is a cheese that pairs perfectly with sweet things, i.e. grapes, honey, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds. Warm, ooey, gooey brie with those thrown into the mix+crackers and/or more grapes=NYE appetizer perfection.
You start by roasting the grapes—this can take anywhere from 15-25 minutes depending on your oven—followed by roasting the brie, which should only take 15 minutes or so. While those are roasting, you’ll caramelize the walnuts in a skillet with butter and brown sugar. You don’t have to include this step, but butter and brown sugar typically take things to the next level in terms of taste (but you already know that). When the brie is soft and melty, you’ll top it with the grapes, walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and honey…MMMM.
Guys, it’s so, so good and I maybe ate too much of this on my own. Make it for NYE and your friends will thank you!Print
Roasted Grape Baked Brie
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- 8 oz. brie cheese
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1–2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven 375°.
- Place brie onto a baking sheet or oven-safe plate and set aside.
- Put grapes into a bowl and pour olive oil overtop; stir so grapes are coated and then put them on a baking sheet and into the oven.
- Roast grapes for 15-25 minutes or until grapes are roasted to your liking.
- Next, place brie into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until it’s soft.
- While grapes and brie are roasting, heat butter in a skillet over low-medium heat and add walnuts and sugar; stir until butter has melted and walnuts are coated in butter and sugar.
- Once brie is baked, place grapes, walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and honey overtop and enjoy!