Roasted Artichokes with Garlic and Parmesan
Learn how to roast artichokes with this step-by-step tutorial for roasted artichokes with butter, garlic and parmesan!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 artichoke 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: side dish
- 1 fresh artichoke
- 1 large pot of water
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil (approximately)
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 2 stems fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for topping and dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Fill a large pot with water and squeeze juice from 1 lemon in it.
- Cut 1″ off the artichoke stem and then place in lemon water.
- Cut 1″ off of the top of the artichoke and then place in lemon water.
- Trim each individual artichoke leaf with kitchen scissors and then place in lemon water.
- Slice the artichoke in half long-ways and then place in lemon water.
- Use a knife or grapefruit spoon to remove the “choke”, aka the hairy part of the artichoke.
- Drizzle a large baking dish with olive oil and then place artichoke in the dish; add garlic, thyme, the other lemon (sliced), and salt and pepper.
- Wrap each artichoke half with foil, place face down in the baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Once roasted, carefully remove from oven and wait 5 minutes or so before removing foil and enjoying with extra olive oil, butter and/or parmesan cheese.
Keywords: artichokes, roasted artichokes, how to roast artichokes