Potato and Kale Soup
- 4 c low sodium chicken broth
- 4 c raw kale
- 1 c carrots
- 6–8 red potatoes, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Thaw chicken, cut into bit-size pieces; season with the Italian seasoning. Cook the chicken in a small skillet over the stovetop.
- Heat olive oil over a medium-large size skillet; add garlic, onion and carrots.
- Rinse kale with water and then sauté it into the mixture.
- In a medium-sized pot, add water and cook potatoes until soft. While potatoes are cooking, add chicken broth to the skillet.
- Once chicken and potatoes are finished cooking, add them to the kale and chicken broth mixture (into the large skillet).
- Simmer on low for 10-15 mins, stirring (and tasting) periodically. Add salt and pepper as necessary.