This Pear Ginger Chia Pudding is a healthy make-ahead breakfast or snack. Fresh ginger combines with chia seeds and blended pears and cinnamon for a guilt-free, spiced recipe.
Confession: I love chia pudding. Second confession: I don’t make it nearly enough.
Thaaaaaat needs to change ASAP!
I mentioned in this post that one of my non-official New Year’s resolutions is to drink more smoothies. I know this isn’t a smoothie, but stick with me for a moment. The idea behind the “smoothie a day” goal is to essentially make smoothies my “go to” for breakfasts on mornings when I “don’t have time” (<—I hate that excuse) and for my afternoon snacks when I need something quick. Though I consider myself a fairly healthy eater, I definitely follow the 80/20 rule (ok maybe more like 70/30), so I tend to be pretty lax about my snacks. ….meaning if I want something quick, I’m not above eating some chips or pretzels or five pieces of biscotti. Again, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal, BUT it’s so, so easy to also whip up a smoothie, which leaves me feeling full and GOOD instead of “blah”.
Another thing that leaves me feeling healthy is chia pudding. Helloooooo best texture ever. I’ve made a handful of chia puddings in the past, but this time I wanted to go the ginger route. Mhmmmm ginger chia pudding is real and it’s delicious.
Though I knew I wanted to make ginger chia pudding, I wasn’t sure what to PEAR with it (omg so I’m so punny). As timing would have it, I had just purchased a handful of pears for Green Blender photos, and I had two pears leftover. So, that’s how this flavor combo happened.
For this, you’ll essentially make the ginger chia pudding on its own, and then stir in the blended pear mixture, aka pear, water and cinnamon. It’s perfectly sweet and you can adjust the intensity of the ginger flavoring based on your personal preference. I ended up using a combination of fresh and ground ginger, because fresh is a bit more intense, but I didn’t want to only use fresh for fear it may be too intense. You decide!
If you’re looking for a healthy make-ahead breakfast or snack, give this ginger chia pudding a try. You won’t regret it!Print
Pear Ginger Chia Pudding
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2
- 1 pear, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp fresh ginger*
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup+2 tbsp chia seeds
- Head coconut oil in a skillet and add chopped pears, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes before adding the cinnamon and stirring to coat.
- Transfer warm pears to a blender and add 1 tbsp water; blend until pears are crush (mixture should still be thick). Add additional tablespoon of water is mixture won’t blend; set aside.
- Add syrup, pecans, coconut, ginger, vanilla, and cinnamon to a medium-sized bowl; add milk and then chia seeds and stir until everything is combined.
- Last, stir in the blended pears.
- Transfer mixture into two glasses and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
*Adjust to your personal preference