These Peanut Butter Maca Bites are made with good-for-you ingredients, including maca powder, and are the perfect travel snack.
Just a little snackity snack to kick off the week! I mean talk about the perfect travel fuel. Balls/bites/snack bites/whatever you want to call them—they’re simply the best.
Personally, I like making a big batch of them and keeping them around the house to snack on throughout the week. But they are perfect for traveling as well.
Truth be told, maca is a superfood I tend to neglect, which is the main reason why I created this recipe. I wanted a way to incorporate a little maca into my diet, and something other than a smoothie too. Maca root/powder is high in antioxidants, vitamin C, iron, and it gives you energy in a natural way. What’s not to love?
I wish I could say I’m writing this post from Italy (except I don’t wish that at all—this vacation is a [mostly] work-free vacation), but the truth is that I’m writing this ahead of time. Two weeks ahead of time, to be exact, which is so out of character for me. Typically I write my blog posts the day before so that everything is fresh in my mind. If you’re looking for a Barcelona update, I’m going to assume I’m having the time of my life. If you want more specifics, be sure to follow along on Instagram!
These peanut butter maca bites are not only made with peanut butter and maca, but oats, almonds, syrup, and coconut oil as well. I opted to roll them in extra maca powder (kind of like how you would normally roll cookies in powdered sugar) for a little oomph. They’re quite tasty, if I do say so myself!
Peanut Butter Maca BitesPrint Rate
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maca powder plus more for topping
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Add oats, almonds, hemp, chia, maca, and salt to a food processor and pulse for 10-20 seconds; then, add the dates and pulse until combined.
- Last, add the peanut butter, syrup and oil and pulse until everything is combined.
- Use your hands to roll mixture into bite-size balls.
- Optional: after you roll them with your hands, you can roll them into a little extra maca powder. If you want to do this, pour some maca out onto a plate or into a bowl to make it easier.
- Place maca bites on a plate and enjoy! These can be stored in the refrigerator OR at room temperature.