This Paleo Spiralized Vegetable Salad features zucchini, carrots, radishes, and avocado and is loaded with garlic, shrimp and little lemon juice. A tasty, gluten free meal.
GIMME ALL THE VEGGIES, please and thank you, and preferably in spiralized form because they’re so much better that way.
You know those mornings where you meant to start out eating oatmeal (or in my case, eggs+toast) and maybe drinking a tea or coffee but somehow found yourself eating donuts instead? Mhmmmm, I know I do. Well first of all let me say there’s no shame in that—definitely eat the donuts—but it’s nice to come home to a big ‘ole spiralized vegetable salad. Like, it just feels good. That’s what this meal is.
Wait! Before we continue, did you see my post from Monday? Basically you could win a complimentary 4-course meal for you and a guest (I can attest that it’s a really, really tasty meal, too). You can find the link to enter in the bottom of this post.
Ok, back to veggies+shrimp. For this meal, you’ll start by thawing out the shrimp and spiralizing your zucchini and carrots. If you’re able to find large carrots, then you should be able to run them through the spiralizer with no problem. If you aren’t able to, no worries—I rarely can, to be honest. In this case, I recommend using a regular vegetable peeler to slice your carrots into “noodles”. Last, slice up the radishes and then place all of the veggies into a big bowl and set aside. Next, you’ll heat the garlic up in a skillet, add the veggies for just two minutes or so, and then place everything back into the bowl.
The shrimp is basically the same thing, but I added some ghee and olive oil. Tip: If you don’t care to keep this dish Paleo, then sub regular butter for the ghee. Ghee is Paleo and butter is not, but both work well in this dish.
I added some lemon juice with the shrimp and tons—like I maybe went a little overboard—of red pepper flakes. Guys, THAT’S IT. Talk about an easy weeknight meal. The best part is that you can easily make this meal serve more if you need it too—just double the amount of veggies and you should be good to go. Plus, leftovers. I’m all about leftovers.
Regardless, this Paleo spiralized vegetable salad is the way to go for those days when you need some veggies+protein, aka every day.Print
Paleo Spiralized Vegetable Salad with Shrimp Skewers
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2-3
- For the salad:
- 2 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 avocado, sliced
- For the shrimp:
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp
- 2 tbsp ghee*
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by spriralizing the zucchini and carrots, placing them, along with the sliced radishes, into a large bowl.
- Next, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the garlic, stirring occasionally for about two minutes, and then add the vegetables, stirring for an additional two minutes before pour the whole mixture back into the large bowl.
- Next, without wiping the skillet out, add the walnuts and stir until they become warm, and then add them to the bowl with the vegetables.
- In that same skillet, add the ghee and olive oil, and then add the shrimp, cooking on medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle shrimp with lemon juice, red pepper, salt and pepper, and cook completely.
- Enjoy the shrimp on skewers on on top of vegetable salad, and don’t forget the avocado!
*Or sub butter for non-Paleo version