These brownies are packed with chocolate and topped with strawberries for a delicious, fluffy, paleo-friendly brownie.
I cued the Valentine’s Day recipes yesterday, so I hope you don’t mind another one. Although, this is obviously not JUST a Valentine’s Day recipe—it’s any time time of the year recipe because chocolate and strawberries go together all day every day.
These brownies—ugh—I don’t even know where to begin. Well first let me just admit that these brownies took two attempts to perfect. My first attempt was…fine…but not what I was hoping for. The second attempt though? Perfection. Pure fluffy, moist, decadent, chocolate-y perfection.
I was even a bit hesitant with the second attempt.. I used almond butter as the base and right before I put the brownie batter into the oven, I gave the batter a taste. Rather than chocolate, it tasted like chocolate-y almond butter, which wasn’t what I was going for. But, I figured it was a bit too late to go back so I threw them in the oven, crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.
Out of the oven came the fluffiest brownies I’d ever eaten. Pure bliss, people, pure bliss. So blissful in fact that I ate two of them right away! And then I reminded myself that I still had to photograph them. Talk about a buzz kill.
If you’re looking for a healthy, paleo-friendly brownie, this is it. Packed with chocolate chips and topped with strawberries, they’re healthy and flavorful. My recommendation? Wait about 10 minutes or so after removing these from the oven. Allowing them to cool a bit will make getting them out of the pan easier. Top with strawberries (or your fruit of choice) for a delicious chocolate-fruit-combo brownie. THE BEST.Print
Paleo Chocolate Strawberry Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 9 large brownies or 16 small brownies 1x
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used So Delicious Original)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Approx. 8 strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together (I used an electric mixer) almond butter, milk, eggs, melted coconut oil, syrup, honey, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; stir until mixed.
- Hand stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray an 8×8 pan with nonstick spray and add brownie batter. Use a spatula to even out the batter and then place the pan in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow brownies 10 or so minutes for them to cool. While they are cooling, slice the strawberries vertically and place on top of brownies.
- Cut brownies into either 9 large brownies or 16 smaller brownies.
Q: How do you feel about the word ‘moist’? I tried to not describe these as moist because I can’t stand that word! …..though these brownies ARE moist (sorry….had to). Also, I feel like I’ve maybe asked this question before. OOPS.