One Pot Tomato Soup
This one pot tomato soup is made using fresh ingredients and gluten free pasta for a healthy and hearty meal!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: lunch
- Method: saucepan
- Cuisine: soup
- 5 vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1-2 tbsp harissa paste*
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Chickapea pasta shells
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, and oil to a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Next, add tomato paste, harissa, oregano, broth, water, salt, and pepper to the saucepan and bring mixture to a boil. Then, cover and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Use an immersion blender to blend everything in the saucepan until smooth. Alternatively, you can pour everything into a blender and blend until smooth. If you use a blender, pour soup back into the saucepan afterward.
- Add pasta and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until pasta is soft.
- Pour soup into bowls, add a drizzle of milk (optional) and enjoy!
*Depending on how spicy you want it to be. You can also completely omit the harissa if you don’t want the soup to be spicy.
Keywords: tomato soup, spicy tomato soup, harissa tomato soup, one pot soup