These coconut butterscotch bites are a healthy yet sweet grab-n-go snack that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth in no time!
Butterscotch is pretty much the neglected chip isn’t it? I go to the baking aisle in the grocery store and immediately grab the bag of chocolate chips without even thinking. But why? Butterscotch chips are so good! I was actually planning on using chocolate chips in this recipe until I realized I was all out but that I happened to have butterscotch chips in my cupboard. I’m glad I did because the butterscotch gives these coconut butterscotch bites such a unique flavor.
These bites combine butterscotch, coconut and peanut butter all into one to create a delicious bite that will surely curb your after-dinner sweet tooth. What? Am I the only one who gets that? I hope not! Some nights I have it and some nights I don’t, but on the nights when my sweet tooth is ravenous bites like these save me.
I guess you could call me the queen of bites now, right? I think I’ve made three recipes in the past month (for others click here, and here)–I suppose that’s what being a non-baker is all about huh? No-bake bites are my jam and I don’t foresee them leaving my kitchen anytime in the near future, They’re healthy and I can somehow, magically, control myself to only have one or two at a time! But maybe that’s only because this recipe makes exactly one dozen and I want to savor them for as long as possible 🙂
No-Bake Coconut Butterscotch Bites
- Yield: One Dozen
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut peanut butter*
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- *Can also use regular peanut butter. If using regular peanut butter, add another 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Place oats, peanut butter, coconut flakes and chia seeds into a food processor and pulse until everything is mixed (you can also mix by hand).
- Pour into a large bowl; add honey and 1/4 cup melted butterscotch chips; Mix.
- Add 1/4 cup whole butterscotch chips into the mixture.
- Roll into balls and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Q: Do you neglect butterscotch chips? Do you get sweet tooth attacks post-dinner?