Mini Pavlovas with Whipped Cream
These mini pavlovas with whipped cream are a fancy yet simple dessert to “wow” all your guests! …or just yourself.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 mins
- Yield: 10-12
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: pavlova
for the pavlovas:
- 6 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch or all purpose flour
for the whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Place egg whites, salt and cream of tartar in a large bowl and whip it on medium speed for 7-8 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Then, add sugar in 1/4 cup at a time and continue whipping for a total of 2-3 more minutes until the sugar is incorporated. Last, add the cornstarch (or all purpose flour–either one works!).
- Use a spoon to scoop dollops of the meringue onto a LINED baking sheet (if you don’t line it, they will stick to the baking sheet–found that out the hard way), making sure to place them 2-3 inches apart. Then, use the back of your spoon to make an indent into the center of each meringue.
- Bake meringue for 1 hour; then, turn the oven off but leave baking sheet in the oven for an additional hour, allowing the meringue to cool.
- Before serving, prepare the whipped cream: whip the whipped cream until soft peaks form, then add the sugar and whip for 1-2 more minutes.
- To serve: scoop whipped cream into the center of each pavlova, then add whatever toppings you like! Examples include seasonal fruit, caramel and/or chocolate.
*Don’t add the whipped cream until right before you’re going to eat/serve these. Otherwise, they’ll get too soft in the center.
Keywords: mini pavlovas, winter pavlova