Mediterranean Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Quinoa
Greek stuffed zucchini boats filled with quinoa, tomatoes and feta for a light, meatless meal.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 3 zucchini, sliced and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, or more
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine quinoa and water and cook according to package instructions; then, stir in the dried spices (garlic, basil, oregano), along with the tomatoes, onion and chickpeas.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare the zucchini and place them face up in a baking dish.
- Fill zucchini with quinoa mixture, then top it with cheese. Stir lemon juice and olive oil together, then drizzle it over top of the zucchini.
- Bake zucchini for 30 minutes, or until the zucchini is cooked.
- Serve with extra olive oil+cheese and enjoy!
Keywords: stuffed zucchini, zucchini boats, vegetarian zucchini boats