Sometimes I get these crazy random ideas and my current crazy random idea is to start doing “life last week” posts on Tuesdays. I love reading “life” posts on blogs, so I figure I should start doing them more often. Yeah? Ok cool. Oh! And if you already follow me on Snapchat (thealmondeater) then you probably got a preview of this list. First up…
1) Miguel and I went cake tasting for the second time on Saturday. The first time we went to Prantl’s and fell in love with their burnt almond torte cake, and this time we went to Bella Christie’s in Lawrenceville and—SHOCK—fell in love with their almond cake too. So now we’re just waiting on a price quote so we can do some comparing! I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy with whichever one we choose. Oh and in case you were wondering, the serving sizes at the second place were slightly larger, but not by much. Note to anyone who’s engaged/going to be engaged soon: cake tasting isn’t really cake tasting—it’s more like one-singular-bite-of-cake tasting.
2) Riiiiight after cake tasting I met up with Alexa from Fooduzzi at a nearby coffee shop and it was marvelous! Obviously we didn’t snap a photo together because why would we do that?!! (<—sarcasm) I LOVE meeting bloggers in real life and considering we live approximately 10 minutes from one another, I have a feeling we’ll be hanging out again.
3) Saturday night was spent at Spirit aka our wedding venue where we danced the night away with college friends. Miguel and I have been trying to go out more because YOLO <—ew, make it stop. No but actually…. we spent way too many weekends in a row staying in and we’re both natural hermits who love doing nothing except sitting on the couch and cuddling with Layla, but that’s not how you make and maintain friendships. I think we’ve been doing a pretty good job thus far, and I already have multiple plans for this upcoming weekend. I know… POPULARRRRR.
4) Easter was spent at my grandma’s house with my mom’s side of the family. I always forget how delicious Easter food is, but ahhh there’s just so much to eat and I was full to the brim, Thanksgiving style, as my brother would say. We enjoyed ham, kielbasa, cheesy potatoes, green beans, deviled eggs, pretzel jello salad, and homemade nut bread. SO FULL and now I’m mad that I have to wait an entire year to enjoy that meal again.
5) See that donut above? That’s the donut I was referring to in yesterday’s post. It was from Dunkin’ Donuts and, though I sort of hate Dunkin’ Donuts, most other places were closed on Easter and it was really, really tasty and completely necessary in the moment. Nooooo regrets.
I’ll be back with a recipe tomorrow in my normal fashion. Happy Tuesday, friends!
Q: Do you enjoy life posts or…. should I stop these before they even start?