Honey Garlic Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
This Honey Garlic Chicken is a one skillet kind of meal! Just 5 ingredients in the sauce and the cauliflower rice makes for a healthy side.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: dinner
- Method: skillet, stovetop
- Cuisine: chicken
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce*
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Break cauliflower up into bite-size pieces; place in a saucepan on the stovetop and cook until soft.
- Cut up chicken into bite-size pieces and place in skillet with olive oil, cooking on medium-high heat and stirring occasionally so chicken cooks thoroughly.
- While chicken is cooking, mince garlic and set aside.
- Once chicken is cooked, add garlic to the skillet and stir, flavoring the chicken.
- Once garlic starts turning golden in color, pour the soy sauce, sesame oil and honey overtop of the chicken, stirring to evenly coat the chicken.
- Add flour to thicken up the sauce and simmer chicken on low for 3-5 minutes, ideally placing a lid overtop of skillet.
- By now, the cauliflower should be done, so drain cauliflower and place it in a food processor; pulse for 5-10 seconds, until it resembles “rice” in size. Pour cauliflower rice into a bowl.
- Once chicken has absorbed most of the sauce, pour it overtop of rice; drizzling any additional sauce from the skillet overtop.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
*Sub gluten free tamari for Paleo option
Keywords: gluten free, cauliflower rice, honey garlic chicken