Homemade Beef Barley Soup
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 2 cups cubed beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups barley
- 4 cups (32 oz.) low sodium beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and cook beef until no longer red.
- While beef is cooking, cook barley according to the instructions on the package.
- Next, chop up carrots, celery and garlic. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet and cook carrots and celery. Wait about 5 minutes and then add garlic. Wait another 5 minutes and then add onion powder and broth to pan.
- Once the beef has finished cooking, add it to the pan with the broth, stirring occasionally.
- Pour that mixture into a large bowl. Once barley is done cooking, add it to the bowl; mix everything together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!