These Healthy Salted Caramel Brownies are made with a coconut oil base, making them flourless, and they’re only 9 ingredients! Drizzled with healthier salted caramel, making these brownies both salty and sweet!
You knew it was coming. Anytime a blogger posts a recipe for salted caramel, you know there’s going to be other recipes incorporating that caramel to follow. It’s inevitable, but the best kind of inevitable.
These brownies are… .well, they’re a lot of things. They’re an automatic mood lifter, a sweet tooth fixer, moist (hate that word but true), and the chocolate-iest of them all while still being healthy. Oh, and they ARE as good as they look.
Can we just agree that anything dessert-related is automatically better when drizzled with salted caramel? It’s true. Growing up, my mom was the baking queen of America (Ok she still is). Sometimes, my brother and I would come home from school and we’d have TWO different desserts to choose from, i.e. cake AND cookies. ….so spoiled… When she’d ask us what we wanted, my brother always requested brownies, while I much preferred cookies. So much so, that when my mom would get done making the brownies I wouldn’t even get off the couch to eat them while they were still warm and gooey. Like, zero excitement. I know—wtf was wrong with me? I have no idea. They’re BROWNIES for goodness sake. It doesn’t really matter what kind, brownies in general are just delicious.
These brownies in particular are made with a coconut oil base, making them flourless, and then they’re drizzled—or perhaps drenched—in my healthier salted caramel sauce. Talk about a wining combination, if I do say so myself.
So, what do you need for these brownies? Nine ingredients not including the salted caramel, but I’m just going to assume you already have some on hand. I mean, you definitely should. And by that I mean stop what you’re doing and GO MAKE SOME and try not to eat it all by the spoonful. Then come back and make these brownies and drizzle whatever little caramel you have left overtop and give them to your friends and expect a lot of love to you from them. I’m not a psychic but… they’re BROWNIES.Print
Healthy Salted Caramel Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 9 or 16 1x
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Healthier Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips together over stovetop.
- While chocolate is melting, combine eggs and vanilla together in a bowl; add melted chocolate and stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, sugar, cacao, arrowroot, and salt.
- Using a food processor, crush walnuts up into extremely fine pieces and then add to bowl with sugar.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir everything together.
- Grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil and pour batter into pan, using a spatula to smoothen it out.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until edges have hardened and center has set.
- Allow 10 minutes for brownies to cool before cutting and drizzling with the healthier salted caramel sauce.
*For Paleo, use dairy free chocolate chips
Q: If you HAD to choose: cookies, cake, brownies, pie?