Healthy Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies
These molasses chocolate chip cookies are perfectly chewy and made with whole wheat flour, coconut oil and maple syrup for a slightly healthier cookie recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 18 cookies
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: cookies
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and at room temperature
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1/4 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt coconut oil then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves; set aside.
- Next, whisk eggs, syrup and molasses together; then, add in the melted coconut oil.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, then stir in the chocolate by hand.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop dough out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing them 3″ apart.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. You want the edges to be set but the middle to be slightly undone.
- Allow cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before placing them onto a cooling rack.
- Optional: sprinkle with flaky sea salt before serving.
*Make sure the eggs are close to room temperature and the melted coconut oil is no longer warm before using. If the coconut oil is hot/warm and the eggs are cold, the coconut oil with solidify when combined.
**Recipe may yield more or less cookies depending on the size of the cookies
Keywords: molasses cookies, healthy molasses cookies, molasses chocolate chip cookies