Wake up slow and enjoy one of six of these Healthy Bananas Foster Donuts. They’re paleo-friendly, MOIST and totally delicious.
GUESS WHAT?! It’s Friday! Like, we somehow made it, and for that, you all deserve a donut or six.
Bananas Foster is a dessert I avoided for awhile for no reason other than the fact there’s no chocolate involved. ….which is honestly the dumbest reason ever. IT’S SO GOOD, especially atop donuts.
Another thing I avoided for awhile was purchasing a donut pan. I have no idea why since they’re approximately $12—best $12 ever spent? Eh, debatable, but definitely worth the cost. How else would I be able to enjoy donuts on a Saturday morning?
I mean yeah, I could just buy some, but that’s NOT the point. The point is that making donuts is super easy and homemade weekend breakfasts are the best. ….am I making you wish it was the weekend already? No worries, we’re so close!
These donuts are..
Delicious for any meal of the day
Speaking of delicious for any meal of the day, I may or may not have made a recipe involving Oreo’s yesterday and I may or may not have eaten this said Oreo treat for every meal of the day. …with other things of course, but Oreo’s for every meal are acceptable in my book and so are donuts. Plus, these are super healthy and don’t taste like cardboard. THANK GOODNESS.
Do yourself a favor and bookmark these for tomorrow or Sunday morning. Just do it. TGIF and happy weekend brunching!Print
Healthy Bananas Foster Donuts
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 donuts 1x
- For donuts:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup+1 tbsp honey
- For glaze:
- 1 ripe banana, smashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- For banana topping:
- 1 ripe banana, cut into tiny pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine dry ingredients (both flours, baking soda, salt) in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana with a fork until mostly smooth. Add eggs, milk, vanilla, and honey and mix.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Spray a donut pan with nonstick spray and add mixture to pan; place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes*
- Remove donuts and allow a few minutes to cool before removing from pan; remove from pan and onto a cooling rack.
- While cooling, make glaze by heating coconut oil, almond butter and honey over stovetop. Mash a banana with a fork in a bowl; once oil is melted, pour overtop mashed banana and mix together with electric mixer. Ice donuts and then make banana topping..
- Do so by heating coconut oil in a pan over stovetop. Add banana and sugar and mix continuously until caramel-colored glaze starts to form.
- Remove from heat and spread evenly overtop of donuts.
Q: When did your first try Bananas Foster? Have you ever made your own donuts?
If you like these, you’ll love…