Gluten Free Breakfast Strata
This gluten free breakfast strata is made with gluten free bread, eggs and cheese and is the perfect make-ahead breakfast to serve guests.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: strata
- 1 loaf gluten free bread, toasted
- 3 cups almond milk or milk of choice
- 14 eggs, whisked
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 5 oz. (2 cups) mushrooms, sautéed
- 2 chicken sausage links, cooked
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or gruyere
- Optional: chives for topping
- Start by toasting your bread: heat oven to 250° then slice bread into cubes, place them on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 20 minutes or so. You want the bread to be crispy but it doesn’t have to be completely crouton-like (you can if you want, it’ll just take longer to toast).
- Fill a greased 9×13 baking dish with the toasted bread and set aside.
- Next, cook the chicken sausage and mushrooms in a skillet then add them to the baking dish with the bread. At this point, you can also add 2 cups of cheese in as well; stir to combine (I just used my hands).
- Whisk milk, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika together in a bowl, then pour the egg mixture overtop of the bread. If you’re making this the day before, cover the baking dish with foil and place it in the refrigerator overnight; then, before baking, sprinkle the extra 1/2 cup cheese over top. If you’re making it now, sprinkle the cheese over top right away.
- Once you’re ready to bake the strata, you can preheat the oven to 350°. At this point your strata should be assembled, so just let it sit for a few minutes while the oven heats up.
- Once oven is heated, bake the strata for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and wait a few minutes before cutting.
- Enjoy with or without chopped chives!
*The amount this recipe yields depends on how big or small you cut the pieces
Keywords: gluten free strata, breakfast strata, chicken sausage strata