Gluten Free Berry Rhubarb Crisp
This berry rhubarb crisp comes together in about 45 minutes, is made with berries and rhubarb and sprinkled with a sugar-almond flour topping.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: crisp
- 3 stalks rhubarb, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch
For the crumble topping:
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar*
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon**
- 1/3 cup butter, melted***
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add fruit (you can use fresh or frozen) to a large bowl and add sugar and arrowroot; stir to combine and then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt butter and pour overtop of almond flour mixture and stir.
- Grease a pie pan or baking dish with a bit of coconut oil and then pour fruit mixture into it. Pour almond flour crumble on top of fruit, making sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake dessert for 35-45 minutes, or until fruit is bubbling around the edges and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, wait 5-10 minutes before digging in; it’s delicious eaten on its own or with ice cream, just saying!
*I used dark brown sugar because that’s what I had on hand, but light brown sugar will work too
**Cinnamon is optional
***Use dairy free butter to make this dessert vegan
Keywords: rhubarb crisp, gluten free crisp