Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by alli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I think we can all agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? I know for me personally, it’s the meal I look forward to the most. Why? Well, simply because I’m obsessed with eggs in any and all forms.
In my opinion, breakfast should be effortless, partly because most of us are barely awake while we’re preparing breakfast, and partly because I don’t think anyone really wants to spend a ton of time prepping that first meal when there’s already so much to do in the mornings. A stress-free breakfast is the way to go. Not JUST stress-free though, but healthy and filling, too.
This feta and tomato egg scramble requires just three ingredients for the scramble itself and is paired with a piece of jelly toast and orange juice for a complete and balanced breakfast. The egg substitute combines well with tomatoes and feta cheese, so you’re eating an almost “Greek” style breakfast (because feta+tomatoes=Greek food, right?). Let me walk you through the simple process, step-by-step, to show you just how effortless this breakfast truly is.
You’ll want to start the scramble by heating a skillet with nonstick spray over medium heat.
Next, you’ll dice one medium-sized tomato and add it to the skillet, sautéing it for 2-3 minutes.
Next, you’ll want to add in the egg substitute and continue to cook the eggs and diced tomato, stirring occasionally. While the egg is cooking, place a piece of whole wheat bread in the toaster.
Remove the egg mixture from the skillet and stir in the feta cheese. Spread butter and jelly on the piece of toast, pour yourself a glass of orange juice and voila—breakfast is served!
Feta and Tomato Egg Scramble
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 tbsp .5 oz. low fat feta cheese
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 tsp fat free margarine or 1 tsp reduced sugar jam or jelly for toast
- 1 glass 6 fluid oz. orange juice
- Wash and chop tomato.
- Heat a non-stick skillet lightly with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add tomato to skillet and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg substitute and continue to cook, stirring constantly until egg is just set.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in feta cheese.
- Meanwhile, toast bread and spread with margarine or jelly.
- Serve eggs and toast with orange juice and enjoy!
Q: What do you typically enjoy for breakfast? Are you as egg-obsessed as I am?