These Everything Bagel Mashed Potatoes are made over the stovetop and use everything bagel seasoning to add tons of flavor!
Is it too last minute to post a Thanksgiving recipe? I hope not, because I’ve got a good one for you today: everything bagel mashed potatoes!! You know, possibly the greatest seasoning there is. I put everything seasoning on my eggs almost every morning, so I figured why not add ‘em to mashed potatoes?! As you’d guess, they pair perfectly together.
I mentioned it before, but Thanksgiving is all about sides for me (pie counts as a side, right?). Green bean casserole, stuffing, two kinds of pie—pumpkin and pecan—and of course, mashed potatoes. I like turkey and all, but give me 5 different sides along and I’m a happy camper.
If I had to pick ONE side and one side only, it would probably be mashed potatoes. I eat them throughout the year, and I’m extra excited to get to eat them with my family tomorrow. Yesterday Miguel and I ate these everything bagel mashed potatoes—you know, to prepare us for actual Thanksgiving—and we both loved them so, so much. If you’re an everything bagel fan, you gotta give these a try.
I usually make my potatoes in a large pot on the stove, but if you have a different method, feel free to make them your own way. I started by peeling and cutting the potatoes, then boiling them in a large pot of water. Once they were soft but not too soft, I strained out the water then placed the potatoes back into the pot, and then used a fork to mash them together. Obviously if you own a potato masher, use that, but if not, a fork gets the job done!
Next, I warmed butter and milk together, then poured the mixture in with the potatoes and stirred everything together really quickly. Last, I stirred in salt and the everything seasoning. MMMMM! You may have to adjust the amount of salt and/or everything seasoning to your liking. Oh, and of course add more melted butter over top of the potatoes—what are mashed potatoes without melted butter?
These everything bagel mashed potatoes are not only perfect for Thanksgiving, but truly any time of year, especially when it’s cold outside because they are the definition of comfort food!Print
Everything Bagel Mashed Potatoes
These everything bagel mashed potatoes are filled with butter and everything bagel seasoning, meaning they’re packed with flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: potatoes
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, plus more for topping
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp everything bagel seasoning, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste
- Place peeled and cubed potatoes into a large pot with water and bring to a boil, cooking the potatoes until they’re soft. Pour potatoes into a colander, straining out the water, then pour potatoes back into the pot. Use a potato masher or a fork to mash potatoes.
- Next, melt 1/2 cup butter and milk together, then pour warm mixture overtop of potatoes, using a spoon to stir them together. Last, stir in the salt and everything bagel seasoning, adjusting to your own taste.
- Before serving, add more melted butter and everything seasoning on top.
Keywords: everything bagel potatoes, seasoned mashed potatoes