Easy Vegetarian Fajitas
These vegetarian fajitas are an easy weeknight meal when you don’t really feel like cooking. They’re made with peppers, onions and mushrooms and just the right amount of spicy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 3 bell peppers, sliced and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 5 oz. shiitake mushrooms (a little over 1 cup)
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle seasoning
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced or mashed
- Lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place sliced peppers, onions and mushrooms in a bowl, then drizzle with oil and sprinkle with paprika and chipotle seasoning; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture onto a baking sheet and bake veggies for 15 minutes.
- To serve: Add avocado to each tortilla, then fill the tortilla with the pepper-onion-mushroom mix. Drizzle with lime juice and enjoy!
Keywords: fajitas, vegetarian fajitas, vegetable fajita recipe