Easy Vegan Queso Dip
This vegan queso dip is made with raw cashews and plenty of spices to give it a creamy texture and plenty of flavor without the dairy.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: mexican
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, or more to taste
- stuff for toppings: onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeños, etc.
- Soak your cashews: place cashews in a bowl with water and soak for at least 2 hours. Alternatively, you can boil cashews for 20 minutes.
- Place your soaked cashews (cashews only, not the water) and all remaining ingredients into your blender and pulse for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Taste test with your finger and add more spices if you want (i.e. more smoked paprika if you want it a little spicier).
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan and heat over medium-low until it’s warmed.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: queso, vegan queso, dairy free queso dip